5 replies to this topic

#1 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 03:39 AM

There was a similar thread in the Dalton forum about who the main villain in TLD was. I think FRWL is a similar case.

For years, I have heard people refer to Blofeld as the main villain. I can somewhat see this as he is the leader, Klebb, Kronsteen and Morzeny report directly to him, while Grant reports to Klebb.

But Blofeld doesn't even move from behind his desk, just gives the go ahead for the caper and orders Kronsteen's death. Hardly the makings of a main villain. He plays a similar role in TB, but Largo is the clear villain there.

So the question stands -- do you consider Blofeld the main villain in FRWL despite his not having a direct role?

#2 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 03:45 AM

I consider Grant the main villain simply because he has more of a presence in the movie than the others IMO.

#3 007luvchild2

007luvchild2

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 01:06 PM

I usually consider Spectre the organization as a whole was the main villain in FRWL in IMO. It was like a sports team. Blofeld was the owner, Kronsteen was the head coach, Klebb was the assistant coach, and Red Grant was the Quarterback, Morzeny and his guys were the team, and well since she was the pawn, Romanova was more or like your waterboy, but she wasn't really part of the team.

#4 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 03:24 PM

Originally posted by 007luvchild2
I usually consider Spectre the organization as a whole was the main villain in FRWL in IMO.  It was like a sports team.  Blofeld was the owner,  Kronsteen was the head coach,  Klebb was the assistant coach, and Red Grant was the Quarterback, Morzeny and his guys was the team, and well since she was the pawn, Romanova was more or like your waterboy, but she wasn't really part of the team.

i agree. they're all ploting against bond, so i put them all together. But the villain is Rosa Klebb.

Click and find out here: http://www.jamesbond...issions&id=frwl

#5 Genrewriter

Genrewriter

Cammander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4360 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 05:06 PM

I tend to think of Klebb and Grant as a team as well, though an argument can be made for Klebb being the main villain.

#6 Moore Not Less

Moore Not Less

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1030 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 07:37 PM

Originally posted by 007luvchild2
I usually consider Spectre the organization as a whole was the main villain in FRWL in IMO.  It was like a sports team.  Blofeld was the owner,  Kronsteen was the head coach,  Klebb was the assistant coach, and Red Grant was the Quarterback, Morzeny and his guys were the team, and well since she was the pawn, Romanova was more or like your waterboy, but she wasn't really part of the team.

This is pretty much how I see it. Blofeld is the head of the organization while Kronsteen decides on the plan of action. Klebb is there to see that the plan is carried out and Grant does the dirty work.