Ken Burns - "The West"

3 replies to this topic

#1 The Girl With The Golden Gun

The Girl With The Golden Gun

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Location:Deep inside my hollowed out volcano...in the South of England!

Posted 28 October 2003 - 04:30 PM

To American forum users in particular, this is a long shot but has anyone seen the series "ken Burn American Stories - The West" aired on PBS during 1996? i need to find airing times for the individual episodes of the show. i've been to the PBS site in my attempt to find details, but to no avail! i know 1996 seems years ago now (lol) but any help would be appreciated - thanks!

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 04:58 PM

It's airing now on PBS as a part of "Ken Burns' American Stoires" (I think that's what it's called. Maybe if you looked it under that title insteaad of The West.

A actually prefer his brother, Ric Burns', doc called The Way West. His brother has a much darker sensibility (Coney Island, The Donner Party) and I think does a better job overall. I loved Ken Burns up until Baseball. Now I find much of his work...almost unwatchable.

#3 Genrewriter

Genrewriter

Cammander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4360 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 05:08 PM

Was "The West" the one narrated by Jack Lemmon or am I thinking of something else?

#4 The Girl With The Golden Gun

The Girl With The Golden Gun

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Location:Deep inside my hollowed out volcano...in the South of England!

Posted 01 November 2003 - 12:50 PM

thanks zencat, i would ask u to tape it for me but i don't think that would work out somehow!! never mind, i'll stick to the website for the time being.