10 replies to this topic

#1 NORK

NORK

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 02:26 AM

A battle between two Connery girls. Who do you think is better? Honey Ryder or Tatiana Romanova? I pick Romanova over Ryder because I thought she had a better overall performance and had a better character.

Who do you think is better?

#2 Triton

Triton

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2056 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 02:44 AM

How do you answer this question if both actresses had their lines looped by another actress?

English actress Monica van der Zyl provided the voice of Honey Rider in Dr. No, Domino Derval in Thunderball, and other female characters in the early James Bond films. Barbara Jefford was the voice of Tatiana Romanova in From Russia with Love, Patricia Fearing in Thunderball, and Naomi in The Spy Who Loved Me.

I find the Daniela Bianchi/Barbara Jefford combination to be sexier than the Ursula Andress/Monica van der Zyl combination.

With the advances in computer generated imagery, will we see future Bond girls who are combinations of the features of multiple actresses and super models?

#3 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 04:27 AM

Tatiana is my choice but they are both top tier Bond girls. I'm amazed she was only 22 when she did that film. Sean was spoiled.

#4 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 09:17 PM

Tatiana is just not that memorable and I'm surprised you guys think she's better. She's beautiful and a decent Bond girl, but Honey has so much more going on as far as the Bond legacy goes.

She was the first Bond girl; had the most memorable entrance; was independent and could hold her own pretty well; she didn't fall for Bond that easily; and she was more than just the innocent pawn.

#5 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 03:56 AM

Originally posted by NORK
A battle between two Connery girls.  Who do you think is better?  Honey Ryder or Tatiana Romanova?  I pick Romanova over Ryder because I thought she had a better overall performance and had a better character.  

I agree.Plus the movie Romanova was in was better.

#6 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 04:16 AM

Yep, I like Romanova better. Although Honey had her moments.

#7 Mjr. P.Townsend

Mjr. P.Townsend

Cadet

• Crew
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 01:44 AM

Hmmm... I'd say Romanova. Indeed, Sean was spoiled, but James Bond is very very spoiled especially compared to me (And Everyone Else as a matter of fact.)

#8 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 01:52 AM

Well, if I had to choose, (although the two girls are pretty much a deadlock), I would have to say Honey Ryder. I like her introduction, and her simple character. However, Romanova has a much larger screen role, so her character adapts to the film, and I love the scenes with her and Bond on the train as he shows off the new dresses he's bought her:

"But there are some English customs that are going to be changed."

"But, of course."

--Great line!
I love both the girls, and I'm still not even sure which I like better. Honey character is more intriguing, yet Tatiana had a bigger role.

Decisions, decisions....:)

#9 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 02:44 AM

Hi,

Well I think Ryder would win.

There's visual proof in Dr No. You can see here 'shell's' on the beach.

All the best,

Cheers,

Ian

#10 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 09:03 PM

Well the only reason Rider was so good was because of the beach scene. If that never happend she would be as talked about as much as she is.

#11 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 06:53 AM

He-he. I was meaning a 'pun' her empty shells. Gun Shell's.

Sorry,

Cheers,

Ian