Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 10 February 2001 - 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By Adam
Hi everyone Bond fan out there,
there is often a Baddy gild who Bond gets to go up against, like in TWINE there was Electra King, anyway if there was to be one of these "Girls" in Bond20 I think Shannen Doherty from the hit show Charmed would play a great Bond girl, she's beautiful but not perfect and has a sence of seduction and evilness to try Bond's skills, do you agree ?. seeya

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 01 March 2001 - 01:31 AM

Wow that's almost an essay DB-4!!

I'm impressed with what you're saying though. I think a great person for the role would be Charlize Theron. Pierce Brosnan has already say he wants her.

She's a great actress. She's stunning so she stands out. She also hasn't done heaps so really we wouldn't be taken out of the movie.

That pretty much meets your criteria DB-4. Would you agree or don't you know much of her?

#3 db-4

db-4

Cadet

• Crew
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2001 - 12:41 AM

I agree that the part of anyone who's really supposed to relate to Bond should not be played by a lady too young. Denise Richards was too young to be believable as having had any past to speak (or, with shady things in it, to purposely NOT speak of), but at least she was enthusiastic. It was not the disaster suffered with: (A) Tanya Roberts who could not hide her lack of enthusiasm (and poor conditioning -- the only time she ever looked a little heavy in a movie and it was for Bond) over an overdue-to-leave Roger Moore his last Bond film, or (:) The weird inclusion of a skater in training in FYEO (to the degree they actually had to have Bond turn her down), as if the villain did not have enough going on already.

Sharon Stone ? With her short hair -- No. But in The Quick And The Dead she looked good. Has too much time passed since ? With a personal trainer -- No. But she brings a lot of "baggage" and people who are TOO well-known take the viewer out of the movie too much. Remember the original producers made a VERY good move going with a Bond who was NOT already well-known for something else.

Rene Russo might be fun and interesting for a brief cameo. Remember the lady Bond was with at the start of Dr. No and From Russia With Love ? That was intended to be a running item -- like the gun barrel sequence, but was dropped from Goldfinger on. Perhaps RR as that sort of character Bond already knows who appears briefly and is not related to the plot.

It would be nice for it to be a truly stunning-looking lady, just as Ursula Andress in Dr. No was a stand-out. Her character's background meshed with her relative lack of acting experience. Her character was a "regular" person, not a professional spy or business-person, so any lack of acting polish was OK. These days they like the leading lady role to be more integral, and the leading lady actress to be a genuine actress. How about one of the older (or even recently retired) super-models ? They interact so much more now with press, and dabble in acting along the way, that one might be able to handle that part well, but bring the "stun" factor in.

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 18 February 2001 - 05:43 AM

Original Post By Erik Rupp

I don't know - Shannen Doherty as the "bad" girl of Bond 20 reminds me a little too much of the (mis)casting of Denise Richards as a nuclear physicist. Doherty is WAY too young to play opposite Pierce Brosnan, and is a little too lightweight. They need a woman in her early to mid thirties who has a little more substance for that kind of role.

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 16 February 2001 - 12:13 AM

Not sure if I agree Adam. I mean Shannon Doherty is a bit of a mol in my opinion. I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Milla Johkovich. She was the second favourite for the role of Electra King in TWINE. I think it's a high possibility that she may be in Bond 20.

On that note, just for evidence take a look at a lot of past Bond girls. Maud Adams returned from TMWTGG to star in Octopussy. Also (I can't remember her name) but the actress who played the CIA agent in Moonraker (Dr Holly Goodhead??? something like that) originally tried out for Agent XXX in The Spy Who Loved Me. She was their second favourite and they got her in a future Bond movie. So yeah, I think we may see Milla Jokovich at some stage.

Blue Eyes (10 Feb, 2001 11:33 p.m.):
Originally Posted By Adam
Hi everyone Bond fan out there,
there is often a Baddy gild who Bond gets to go up against, like in TWINE there was Electra King, anyway if there was to be one of these "Girls" in Bond20 I think Shannen Doherty from the hit show Charmed would play a great Bond girl, she's beautiful but not perfect and has a sence of seduction and evilness to try Bond's skills, do you agree ?. seeya

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 18 February 2001 - 05:49 AM

Original Post By Adam

I don't think Denise Richards was too bad, or...... well maybe, anyway Sharon Stone would be the best, she has everything a Bond girl needs, but Rene Russo has alrealy starred next to Peirce in the Thomas Crown affair so so maybe them being together again mgiht not be so good, what do you think?

seeyas