James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 05 April 2001 - 09:54 PM

Look at the last three Brosnan's and there are some obvoius things missing:

A story based in the US:
I know, I hate the idea too, but let's face it, every Bond bar Lazenby has kicked some butt in the US. I doubt Brosnan will escape this fate, due to EON's heavy US presence and MGM's wish to make dollars rather than pounds.

A proper car chase:
Although TND was *fantastic* we have yet to se Brosnan behind the WHEEL of a car in a chase. Watch out for the idea that didn't make it into the last couple of films - Bond climaxing a car chase by using a giant crane in a city centre.

A black bond girl:
We are supposed to be in the new millenium, yet even Roger Moor managed to bridge the racial dividide in the 70's. A good idea, but please - not Whitney! =)

Some serious underwater action:
Although he went dipping for cruise missiles in TND, we have yet to experience some Brosnan underwater fights.

Q in the field:
Connery, Moore & Dalton all had the luxury of having Q assist them *in the field*. Here's hoping Cleese gets a licence to roam around outside of MI6 HQ.

Space:
God forbid. but let's face it, YOLT & MR put Bond in reach of the sky.

I'm sure there are many others... But I'm gonna stick my moeny on a US based adventure for (hopefully) the best Brosnan movie yet...

Cheers,
James

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 07 April 2001 - 02:55 AM

Space would be fine for Bond. Think if Bond still exists in 40 years (hence 90 years old the series) then there's going to be a lot of space action because the human race will probably be extending out more into space with newer technologies.

#3 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 06 April 2001 - 11:16 PM

Don't forget that Moonraker was based on "science-fact", and look where that got us! (bar the excellent special effects)

Bond 20 - Global warming - that's where the action is.

Although echoes of TSWLM spring to mind, but hey, that's never stopped Bond before (e.g. YOLT capsule capture v.s. TSWLM sub capture).

#4 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 06 April 2001 - 08:12 PM

I mentioned this somewhere else but I think sending bond into space would be a great Idea. If they do it based on fact it would be superb.

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 06 April 2001 - 02:08 AM

Hi James!! It's great to have you on the forums over hear at CommanderBond.Net, hope you're liking them!

That's a great list you've got above - thanks for putting it together. I agree with the US idea. I can seriously see Bond ending up over there in the next film. MGM is based in the US and Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli both live there. Have you read the book "Dressed To Kill"? It's excellent. But the first chapter is called 'How Bond Saved America' and he did. Dr No's subplot was saving America. Moore ended up there and for some reason I can't think of Dalton right now but never mind!! :)

Can you tell me about that car chase please? I've heard about the one filmed for TWINE but in all honesty I've not heard enough about it. Perhaps you can fill me in :)

A black Bond girl could be a reality with Houston under consideration. At least we know they're open to the possibility.

Underwater action would be great. Thunderball was amazing with its underwater action so it's something I really want to see!

As for Q and Space. I can't see Brosnan making it that far. But Bond 20 is released in the same year as Star Wars Episode II it may happen. Q I don't think will get in the field cause we'll be trying to get used to Cleese as Q.

Anyway all, please reply to this. I think there are some great ideas in here! ;)

Blue Eyes

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 08 April 2001 - 12:41 AM

Wow we're really getting into this Bond in Space idea. Actually, I agree, with the Alpha Station up there now Bond in space is a lot more plausible. But isn't it amazing, Hugo Drax built that great station all those years ago and today the US Government can't even get a false gravity working!! Sheez, they should ring EON or Draxy if he wasn't dead!! ;p

#7 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 07 April 2001 - 11:12 AM

I keep getting visions of bond flying away from a space station in a slick looking shuttle to find he is being pusued by the villains henchman in various shuttles with the background theme music kicking in full blast. Don't know about u but I'd love it.

#8 R

R

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 07 April 2001 - 10:15 AM

With regards to space, I posted somewhere else on these boards that with the International Space Station getting up and running this would now provide a *legitimate* way to get Bond into space. (In fact, if Moonraker had stayed with just the Shuttles, it would have been a much more plausible scenario).

As for basing it in the US, I've often thought that it was about time that Bond squared up against the neo-nazi/ultra survivalist mob. If any criminal organisation could build grandiose headquarters and mobilise and equip a huge private army, its them.

Real car chases: Bond's DB5 vs Onatopp's Ferrari in Goldeneye. Brosnan has shown Bond's prowess behind the wheel.