Heaven Isn't Too Far Away - Question

6 replies to this topic

#1 Swandy

Swandy

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 04:19 AM

Has anyone converted Heaven Isn't Too Far Away into either a MS Word Document or MS Reader file? (Yes, I know there is a Word version on the MI6 site, but I was told by the author Barbara, that the Adobe PDF version is better.)
I have tried two different programs to convert the file. One would only do the first few pages (and badly at that) and the other would not work at all. Anyone had any success? Thanks, Steve (new member)

#2 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 01:28 PM

Is there any reason you can’t use the PDF file?

(Welcome to CBn, by the way :) )

#3 Swandy

Swandy

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 07:37 PM

No "real" reason. I just got my first Pocket PC (Toshiba) and I feel that it's easier to read e-boooks with the MS Reader than the Adobe Reader for Pocket PC. (Just my personal preference.)

#4 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 07:39 PM

Hey Swandy! Welcome to CBN and thanks for reading my fanfic. I am glad to see us NYers sticking together.

Whereabouts on the Island are you? My aunt lived right across the street from Silver Lake park, in that really tall apartment building.

-- Xenobia

#5 Swandy

Swandy

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 09:22 PM

Hi Barbara,
We had corresponded previously about a Reader version. (No luck finding one that someone converted yet....)
Anyway, we have lived on SI for about 18 years or so. This is our third house. We live on Lighthouse Hill, which is just about in the center of the Island. It's near La Tourette Golf Course and Richmondtown.
I know the Silver Lake area - really beautiful. Have probably passed the apartment house many times.
Regards,
Steve

#6 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 05:22 AM

Yes, we did correspond about the reader...but I didn't realize you changed your name. I know where you have...that golf course is very nice indeed.

-- Xen

#7 Swandy

Swandy

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 06:17 PM

Yeah - if only I could play golf...........