Tricks in Goldeneye

8 replies to this topic

#1 0007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 September 2003 - 03:23 PM

For more tricks go here.

1. Fast animation on. Invinicibility helps too. In the Cradle mission, go to the platform where the three long walkways extend down. Look up the walkways, and search for guards. When you find a guard, watch him. He will shoot at you, and sometimes run towards you, which is what you want. If he runs fast enough, he'll be running through the air and landing in front of you. Pretty funny.

2. Slow animation is recommended here, but optional. In the Egyptian level, whenever you kill Samedi, he reappears in an explosion. You can kill him, then quickly run to the next room to watch as he appears in an explosion.

3. Blow up plants. In the Jungle, you can make plants explode. Just place mines on them, blow the mines up, and when the plants are black, you can shoot them, and they will explode. Does not work on trees, though.

4. On Surface 1, in one of the cabins surrounded by the fence there is a bookcase. If you shoot it enough, you can destroy it.

#2 50 Yen

50 Yen

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 08:16 PM

Here are two tricks for the Archives level, not found on the Terrorist's site:

1. You can actually escape the interrogation room without killing anyone. Just let the two soldiers interrogate you, then another guard will come in saying Ourumov's new orders are to kill the spy at once, but he will also leave the door open, so you can just run out the door without having to kill the guard at the right to get the key.

2. There are two alternative ways of breaking a window without losing accuracy points. If you plan to break the first window in the library observation deck (the one with a guard in front of it), don't kill the guard yet, just let him shoot at you as you stand in front of the window. He might hit you, but he'll also miss a few times and break the glass. You can now kill him 'cuz he's no use to you anymore. Or if you get a grenade off of a guard (one of the guards in Natalya's room or the room on the upstairs hallway might have one, the guards in the courtyard where Mishkin walks away and vanishes into the wall definitely do), throw it at a window (for this trick any of the windows will do), then step back as the grenade explodes and shatters the glass.

#3 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 04:34 AM

This is a blast from the past. :cooltongue:

#4 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 06:01 PM

One of my favorites was the glitch where you could use the second controller to shoot people in the cutscenes. I remember killing off Baron Samedi permanently in the Egyptian end cutscene. :cooltongue:

#5 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 07:04 PM

One of my favorites was the glitch where you could use the second controller to shoot people in the cutscenes. I remember killing off Baron Samedi permanently in the Egyptian end cutscene. :cooltongue:

Ah yes! Forgot about that as well. I'll have to get my Gameshark out again soon and put GoldenEye in.

#6 WhoIs005?

WhoIs005?

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 07:53 PM

If you are like me, you still have the old N64 hooked up to your TV and play this game with your friends. Here is a little tip that will drive them nuts. When you play facility on multi-player, you can actually get back into the vents. If you get in the corner of the bathroom stall as close as you can and then hold R, C-Left and Joystick Left (and perhaps while crouched or holding C-down (I'm trying to remember just from muscle memory)), you will spin all the way around and pop up into the vents. Good for when your friends start in the vents and won't come down or to hide when you play flag tag.

Also, on Surface in the gated areas, in one of the rooms, if you shoot one of the crates they will explode with books. Reading material for the whole family.

Play Silo on agent and get to the end elevator. Throw one of the plastique explosives on the back wall. Time it just perfectly so that you shoot (with KF7 Soviet) the explosive just as you walk into the elevator. The end cut scene will be amidst massive explosions.

Good stuff.

If anyone wants to take me on, I need some real competition. My room-mate sucks at it.

#7 capungo

capungo

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 357 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 09:05 PM

Wow, this sure takes me back. The sole reason I got a gameshark for the N64. My favorite trick was stacking mines. :cooltongue:

#8 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 09:10 PM

Wow, this sure takes me back. The sole reason I got a gameshark for the N64. My favorite trick was stacking mines. :cooltongue:

That was fun. :angry:

Another great one involving explosives was throwing a grenade out the window just as you exit the Archives and watching Natalya blow up in the cutscence. :lol:

#9 50 Yen

50 Yen

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:53 PM

Also in the end of Archives, before you jump out of a broken window, you can take out your KF7 and quickly shoot Natalya's head so she dies, then quickly jump out off the window, and if all goes well with timing, then congrats, you just found a way to beat the level with Nat dying. And on the observation tower which was completely empty in Surface 1 other than some fuel barrels and was basically useless, they put a guard on the roof in Surface 2. Not really a trick, and also the guard is basically useless to kill unless you're particularly feeling mean, the observation tower is still useless, but it's just something interesting for you to know. I'm also sure everybody knows this fun trick, but in the Caverns, in the radio room there is one box that if you shoot, smaller boxes will come out. Eventually, two computer monitors will pop out. Shoot them, and you get double AR33's.

Edited by 50 Yen, 19 February 2007 - 11:57 PM.