27 replies to this topic

#1 double0kevin

double0kevin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 06:57 PM

if you could decide with ea which previous bond film got made into a game which film would you pick?

I myself would pick the living daylights, because you would get to do that agent course at the start [ a perfect introduction to the game]
drive the v8 through that mad ice rink and then jump out of a plane [girl in tow] in a jeep!

so wat about you guys/gals?

i have deleted the attachment. sorry but i dont want to get us all banned or anything.

#2 doublenoughtspy

doublenoughtspy

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4122 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 07:13 PM

I'd probably go for FRWL - asassin in the maze, SPECTRE Island, Retrieve the LECTOR, fight with Grant on the Orient Express, boat fight, lone man vs. helicopter, etc.

It could have good action and good intrigue.

I like your Daylights idea too.

#3 double0kevin

double0kevin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 07:26 PM

ye that frwl idea is good. thanks.

#4 DanMan

DanMan

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2009 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 08:24 PM

DAD would be amazing. Imagine the hovercraft chase, the swordfight, the car chase, the antonov fights. All would make excellent levels. I'd love to see Octopussy also.

#5 double0kevin

double0kevin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 10:34 PM

ye dad would be good, but i feel nightfire is a little similar to dad in so many ways.

-the v12 on ice [dad: main chase seq]
-betral of women [dad:frost being bad]
-drake having two sides[dad: col moon changing his id]

but id love a dad game too, o well roll on eon!!!

#6 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 04:32 AM

iwould like for avtak to be made into a game just so i could knock zorin off the bridge, and so we could have mayday in the game

#7 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 10:14 AM

DAD would be the best action wise but if you want stealth then I'd go for Goldfinger. There could be some great things done with that. Also I think you may have to remove that pic unless you want us to get in trouble. Try reading the rules again.

#8 double0kevin

double0kevin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 07:51 PM

ye i know about the rules, but rules are meant to be broken.
any way everyone loves the 007 logo well 19 people do any way on checking.*

*at the time i checked.

#9 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 08:02 PM

Originally posted by double0kevin
ye dad would be good, but i feel nightfire is a little similar to dad in so many ways.

-the v12 on ice [dad: main chase seq]
-betral of women [dad:frost being bad]
-drake having two sides[dad: col moon changing his id]

but id love a dad game too, o well roll on eon!!!

the V12 on the ice yes, but it wasn't anything near as good to DAD

-women betraying....that's not too uncommon...alot of bond adventures have those them, twists are becoming very popular in society

-drake has 2 side........uh, you can't say that is similar....if anything DAD and LALD are similar in that they have 2 identities..................but as for drake, he is a popular respected buisness man who is secretly doing evil things, this is not uncommon......Drax, Zorin, Carver and yes, even Graves

I think DAD would be a great Idea, lots of action, and since it was just released, It would make the most sense

as for TLD, I agree...nice setup, lots of action, more modern, it would go pretty well........

#10 double0kevin

double0kevin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 08:14 PM

you no 00kevin i could learn to like you, but then id be leetting the evil twin win....oohh well. nah just kideen theres room for two kevins on this site! note* if another 00kevin comes along well show him.

baahaaaaahaaahaaaaa,,,,,,,,cough.....chok...lol.

#11 IndyB007

IndyB007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 06:26 PM

Actually......
The Living Daylights and A View To A Kill have both been made into computer games when their films were released in the mid and late eighties. You can find copies on Commodore 64, Atari ST, Amstrad, Spectrum, etc. In fact, there have been bond games for Live and Let Die, The Living Daylights, A View To A Kill, A View To A Kill text adventure, Goldfinger text adventure, Licence To Kill and The Spy Who Loved Me. If you check out some old C64 emulator sites, you can find the rom images of the games as well as programs to run the games on your pc........ They are actually quite fun.

#12 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 08:19 PM

ye i know about the rules, but rules are meant to be broken.

You won't mind it if CBN sends you the bill when they get sued then...

#13 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 08:27 PM

Originally posted by IndyB007
Actually......
The Living Daylights and A View To A Kill have both been made into computer games when their films were released in the mid and late eighties. You can find copies on Commodore 64, Atari ST, Amstrad, Spectrum, etc. In fact, there have been bond games for Live and Let Die, The Living Daylights, A View To A Kill, A View To A Kill text adventure, Goldfinger text adventure, Licence To Kill and The Spy Who Loved Me. If you check out some old C64 emulator sites, you can find the rom images of the games as well as programs to run the games on your pc........ They are actually quite fun.

I mentioned this a while back but the only replies I got were along the lines of "We don't recognise those games or those machines".

#14 double0kevin

double0kevin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 09:39 PM

i remember playing liecence to kill on my old sega mega drive many years ago, there was this mad level were you had to jet onto a boat using the jet-pack for frwl, it was great!

#15 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 10:52 PM

i remember playing liecence to kill on my old sega mega drive many years ago, there was this mad level were you had to jet onto a boat using the jet-pack for frwl, it was great!

actually, I beleive that was 'the dual' and the jet pack was from thunderball

#16 double0kevin

double0kevin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 12:25 PM

ye ookevin your right, i know the jet-pack was from thunderball my mistake.
anyway that game rocked, id love to play it now.

i have deleted the attachement!!

#17 IndyB007

IndyB007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 01:52 PM

"We don't recognise those games or those machines." Bah..... I'm glad that there are a few of us left that remember and enjoy those classic Bond games. As for that other game, it was indeed called James Bond: The Duel. It was released on Sega Mega Drive, Sega Master System, and Sega Genesis. There were a few levels that had quite a Moonraker feel to them, and you got to battle old Bond vilians like Jaws and Oddjob and mad scientist that was a cross between Drax and Blofeld. If I can remember correctly, there were only about 4 levels in the game, (boat, jungle, inside a volcano, and space shuttle launch pad) but was quite challenging. The object of each level of the game was to resue the girls scattered around the the level, arming a bomb that would blow up the level you were in, kill the boss, and escape with your life. You can also find copies of this one floating around at Sega emulation sites and of course, on eBay.

The other game I forgot to mention was the good old Atari 2600 game entitled James Bond 007. You drove a Lotus around in levels based on Diamonds Are Forever, For Your Eyes Only, and The Spy Who Loved me, if I recall correctly. And once again, this rom and emulator can still be found on the net.

#18 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 02:42 PM

Welcome to CBN IndyB007. I'm glad that there's someone here who knows what I'm talking about.
Double0Kevin, The Duel's cover has the LTK poster so that's probably what mde you think that it was LTK.
Recently, games companies have started putting together anthologies of old arcade games. It'd be great if they could put together all the old Bond games from the 80s and 90s so that the younger Bond fans could experience these games.

#19 IndyB007

IndyB007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 03:19 PM

Thank you for the welcome Tanger......

In the early 90's, Domark put together an anthology of 3 of their old 007 games... I beleive it was Licence To Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me, and Live and Let Die. Unfortunately it was only released in the UK and it was the early 90's so I think it was for the Atari ST or Amiga systems. I would very definetly rush to the store to purchase a new anthology of these classic 007 games. They did for Atari games, why not for James Bond?

#20 double0kevin

double0kevin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 06:14 PM

i downloaded the spy who loved me today from a c64 site, but it wont work and my pc is new so it aint that. it says part of the file is missing, i downloaded it several more times but with no luck! i wish i had all the old bond games on like a ps or sumtin that would rock.

#21 IndyB007

IndyB007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 06:23 PM

To make your mouth water...... The Spy Who Loved Me Game is like spy hunter. You drive around in the Lotus collecting coins, buying upgrades from Q, and so on. It is really quite fun. If you want, I can email you the files when I get back from the Bond exhibit in Michigan... that is if you can wait until Tuesday or so.... I've got.....

James Bond 007
Goldfinger Text Adventure
Live and Let Die
The Spy Who Loved Me
A View To A Kill
A View To A Kill Text Adventure
The Living Daylights
Licence To Kill

Just let me know......

#22 Defender007(2)

Defender007(2)

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 480 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 09:35 PM

I wouldn't pick any because the old Bond movies sucked and the games would be more like RPGs because of the lack of action.

#23 double0kevin

double0kevin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 09:59 PM

the old bond movies sucked you say?? no way, you are deff not a bond fan. all the bond movies rock!!

hey indyb007, id love those game files!! pm me and ill give you my e-mail add!!!

#24 Defender007(2)

Defender007(2)

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 480 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 08:11 PM

it's not that i didn't like them, it's just that they lacked action and good music. that's why the games would be more like RPG's.

#25 Triton

Triton

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2056 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 08:34 PM

The films with the biggest and most varied set pieces would make for the most fun and interesting games. In my opinion, the best games would be made from in order of preference:
[UL]
The Spy Who Loved Me
Moonraker
You Only Live Twice
For Your Eyes Only
Thunderball
Octopussy
A View to a Kill
GoldenEye
Tomorrow Never Dies
The World is Not Enough
Die Another Day
[/UL]

I think that the best game could be made from the elements of the The Spy Who Loved Me. I can see very many interesting, fun, and challenging game levels being created from this film. It would be fun to explore Cairo, the Pyramids, and find the MI6 offices in the ruins. I would also love to explore Atlantis and the Liparus. How about a level in which you pilot "Wet Nellie"? In terms of game play, the most outlandish and ridiculous movies would be the most fun.

How about a game level in which you are thrown out an airplane without a parachute like in Moonraker? Any want to play the gondola chase in Venice? Anyone want to explore Drax's Brazilian space shuttle base or his space station?

The more serious James Bond films would not be that much fun as computer games.

#26 bebopfoot

bebopfoot

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 08:37 PM

They indeed had great action and excellent music, and you my friend will one day appreicate it, once you appreciate classic films.

#27 Triton

Triton

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2056 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 09:06 PM

Just thinking of the elements that make first-person shooters like Doom and Half-Life so much fun and thinking which elements of the James Bond films could be adapted to games.

#28 jokemaster

jokemaster

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 September 2003 - 02:13 AM

I think a good game would be one where you just play out some of the best scenes (No parachute from moonraker, under the sea battle from thunderball, piloting little nellie and the volcano base assault from YOLT, space battles from moon raker, etc.) It wouldn't have a storyline, but it'd be fun if done right.