This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Per Fine Ounce-download from internet???

5 replies to this topic

#1 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 07:52 PM

I came across a thread intitled 'The Killing Zone' -and you all know the story. But the thread gave a site that allowed the book to be downloaded. (which I did.)

I'm wondering if any of you know any other sites where Per Fine Ounce, Blast From The Past, A Midsummer Night's Doom and/or Life At Five can be downloaded.

#2 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 08:03 PM

Originally posted by Qwerty
I came across a thread intitled 'The Killing Zone' -and you all know the story.

I don't. :) I was wondering what the deal was with this book, and why/how it was published. I'm also particularily interested in reading Blast From the Past.

#3 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 08:15 PM

bond111, here's the deal. I guess Jim Hatfield was not allowed to write this Bond novel (The Killing Zone) but he did and some say it was published, some don't. But if you want to read it, search for the thread entitled 'The Killing Zone', it gives a link to a russian site that allows to download the novel in English.

#4 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 08:16 PM

Ah, thanks. That makes sense.

#5 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 08:23 PM

bond111, here's the deal. I guess Jim Hatfield was not allowed to write this Bond novel (The Killing Zone) but he did and some say it was published, some don't.

Hatfield self-published an unknown quantity of editions. As far as I know, only 2 have been found. I own one of them.

#6 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 08:34 PM

I'm wondering if any of you know any other sites where Per Fine Ounce, Blast From The Past, A Midsummer Night's Doom and/or Life At Five can be downloaded.

Per Fine Ounce will never happen. The IFP/Glidrose owns the rights and—as far as anyone knows—has the only copy. They are on record that it will never be released. I will bet that we will see a fake version of Per Fine Once on the Internet someday.

As far as the “Blast from the Past”, “Midsummer Night's Doom”, and “Live at Five” are concerned your best bet is to try to track down the issues of Playboy and TV Guide on eBay. The Playboy issues shouldn’t be as hard as the TV Guide as people sell Playboy all the time and may not know what is special about those issues.