#1 Dr Niles Crane

Dr Niles Crane

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 464 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 02:17 PM

Bravo Loomis!

and thankyou Mr B's C for inspiring Loomis. After reading your last story I hope you will take the 15 minute challenge next.

<here.>>

#2 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 02:35 PM

Thanks, Dr. Niles Crane. I've just remembered, though, that Hanoi is the capital of Vietnam, not Saigon - Saigon just seems the capital, like Sydney seems the capital of Australia.

I hope a few more members will take the 15-minute challenge.

#3 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 07:10 PM

The fifteen minute challenge. I might, when my brain has recovered from jetlag.

Dr. Crane, I liked your treatment of M. Bravo.

Loomis: Nice moment with customs. Well done.

-- Xenobia

#4 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 21 August 2003 - 11:57 PM

I'm not too sure how this "15-minute chalenge" should be layed out, but for the time being I've decided that Loomis' story demanded its own threads - I hope it doesn't look disjointed in any way.

Well done Loomis. A touch of autobiography in the story by any chance? Customs, I mean. :) I immediately pictured your Bond as Connery even though it is meant to be the literary Bond. It's just the way I feel about it. :)

Originally posted by Dr Niles Crane
Bravo Loomis!  

and thankyou Mr B's C for inspiring Loomis. After reading your last story I hope you will take the 15 minute challenge next.

Thanks for the thanks, Niles. :)

I'm not too sure I can do a short fanfic in 15 minutes as I'm a bit of a tinkerer. I'll give it a bash though and see what turns out.

#5 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 01:37 PM

Originally posted by Blofeld's Cat

I'm not too sure how this "15-minute chalenge" should be layed out, but for the time being I've decided that Loomis' story demanded its own threads - I hope it doesn't look disjointed in any way.

Wow! I never dreamed this rushed little "story" of mine would merit its own thread, let alone a separate discussion thread! Aw shucks, you done embarrassed me.:) Nah, I'm just kidding, BC - I fully understand why you split it off.:) If more members decide to take the 15-minute challenge, though, it might be a good idea to combine all the stories in one thread (although I'm sure you've thought of that already).

Originally posted by Blofeld's Cat

Well done Loomis. A touch of autobiography in the story by any chance? Customs, I mean. :)  I immediately pictured your Bond as Connery even though it is meant to be the literary Bond. It's just the way I feel about it. :)

No, thankfully I've never had any such trouble, although I have been to Saigon. But I like the idea of James Bond being detained, questioned and even humiliated by customs officers somewhere, and just taking it all coolly, calmly and politely (instead of making Bondian quips or, I don't know, shooting some super-strong wire into the roof of the customs area with his Q Branch watch and making his escape).

Funnily enough, if I had any mental picture of a Bond actor while writing, it was Brosnan, probably because of 007's visit to Vietnam in TOMORROW NEVER DIES. But the passport in the name of Jerry Bondon is, of course, a reference to THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS.

Anyhow, thanks for the compliments, everyone.:)

#6 Dr Niles Crane

Dr Niles Crane

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 464 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 01:42 PM

Dear BC

I have done up a 15 minute thread - see what you think, but I reckon its cool that each story can have its own discussion thread

love Niles

#7 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 22 August 2003 - 11:53 PM

Originally posted by Dr Niles Crane
Dear BC

I have done up a 15 minute thread - see what you think, but I reckon its cool that each story can have its own discussion thread

love Niles

Darling Niles, (:eek: :) :) )

Let's run with the thread and see what happens shall we?

I only hope that any new comments made on older 15-Minute efforts interspersed with new works doesn't make the thread too messy and jumbled.

Lovingly (:eek: :) :) ),

BC