No replies to this topic

#1 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 01 April 2001 - 12:14 PM

Starting from now I shall debut my scenarios for Bond 20. Please feel free to comment and give me ideas to flesh them out more. They range from 'realistic' to downright fantastical. The story for today is:
DAY OF A THOUSAND FUNERALS
or
ENGLAND EXPECTS THE UNEXPECTED

The plot is a drama that would suit a novel instead of a film. The story involves the aftermath of a terrorist attack that leaves 1000 British citizens dead. The whole country is outraged and demand the government retaliate against the mastermind behind it. The Double-O Section is unleashed to hunt down and destroy the foreign perpetrators. As the story develops Bond and 'M' begin to realise 'revenge' against criminal organisations bent on world domination is one thing but against fanatical political extremists with an axe to grind with Britain may not be the best policy.

For each terrorist cell destroyed, another appears leading to the deaths of more innocent people. As the death toll rises and the country collapses into near anarchy the Government and most of the MI6 heirachy lose confidence in 'M's ability to handle the crisis.

With the pressure mounting, 'M' learns she may be replaced by a man (Edward Woodward ?) who many think has the 'balls' to come to grips with the dire situation. In her darkest hour 'M' discovers an unlikely ally who will support her all the way: 007 himself.

Together they save the day and 'M' saves her own neck from the chopping block.

...THE END..BUT JAMES BOND WILL RETURN