I wanna a blowout marathon next year!

3 replies to this topic

#1 Jayboy

Jayboy

Cadet

• Crew
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 12:30 PM

I am sick of ITV showing either the odd Bond film here or there and playing actor seasons (Moore and Dalton last summer, Brozzy January and recently Connery). Who here however remembers 1999's Bond blow out marathon '00 Heaven, sponsored be Martini' from Dr.No all up to TND, I want one of those next year every wednesday and Saturday night it was, and I loved it, I was about 9 back then and every day they were on we went on the net read about the film and then played it, I had the time of my life. I say next yera as I prfer to have a marathon in the Summer.
Who aggrees?

#2 Dunph

Dunph

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3826 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 03:33 PM

Hey Jayboy, welcome to the forums. Hope to see you all over the place!

I loved ITV's 00-Heaven. But as a result of it, we had no Bond films that Christmas, which was a great shame for me, don't know how you felt about it. I'm not too bothered about the little spurts of Bond ITV give us, because I still find it fascinating that these (by film standards) ancient movies still attract millions of viewers a time, and ITV use them as a viable weapon against BBC, and 8/10 time actually win the ratings war.

Obviously it was a semi-stupid idea to put them up against Spooks, which is a TV series I can't sing enough praise about.

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 04:44 PM

Some friends and I have been threatening for years to have a mega Bond marathon -- we'd watch ALL 22 movies (including NSNA and the TV CS) back to back. We figure it would take 2 days (if we went straight through the night). But as we get older, this is getting harder and harder to contemplate. We've now cut it down just to a Moore marathon or a Pierce marathon. We did do all 5 Planet of the Apes movies in one sitting recently. Good fun.

#4 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 10:19 AM

Sorry, Jayboy it ain't gonna happen too soon. They've been having too many complaints about how often the Bond movies are being shown and as a result they are losing popularity. Don't expect any Bond films to be shown for the rest of this year at least.