3 replies to this topic

#1 killkenny kid

killkenny kid

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6607 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 03:28 PM

DLibrasnow and his talk of ffokles and Flash Gordon has gotten in a nostalgia mood. Now I would like to recommend a movie that some may not have seen. The Anderson Tapes Directed by Sidney Lumet and based on a Lawrence Sander's novel. (The Frist Deadly Sin). The Anderson Tapes is a stylish caper film made long before PB's TCA. Starring Sean Connery as John "Duke" Anderson leader of a group of misfits on "one last caper". With Martin Balsam in a role he wickedly over played. And our own Max Zorin, that right Christopher Walken as the Kid, in one of his frist roles. Plus a sweet soundtrack by Quincy Jones. Give this movie a try you will love it. And its good to see Connery in a role from the 70's that he wasn't bored with. :)

#2 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 07:44 PM

I'll second you on this one Killkenny Kid. It's a good film and a lot better than Entrapment. In fact, I watched this before I saw it in the cinema.

This film shows Connery in full anti-hero mode. It's kind of a response to some people who recently said he is always playing the hero in another thread. He's completely cool in this. The only thing people may be put off by is its 70s feel. Overlook that and you'll have a great time.

#3 Ry

Ry

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 10:04 PM

The Anderson Tapes is a great caper movie and also a great Connery one as well. I am a big Sidney Lumet fan and recommend most of his movies. I like Family Business, where many do not. Having been a film student I also read his book MAKING MOVIES. If anyone is interested in film and film directing this is a firsthand guide to how an amazing director makes movies. If you haven't seen Dog Day Afternoon it is another one not to miss.

#4 killkenny kid

killkenny kid

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6607 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 10:22 PM

Thanks Ry and Turn. Funny I thought there was more movie fans in the forum. Maybe I should do a thread on why I love Halle Berry. Let see.....