This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

TSWLM, OHMSS, and YOLT shipping early from BN.com!

13 replies to this topic

#1 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 06:12 AM

Originally posted by zencat
UPDATE: BN.com now shows the release date of OHMSS, YOLT, and TSWLM as September 28. An extra month - dang it!

Just got notice from BN.com that my books have shipped -- a month and a half early!

#2 Jriv71

Jriv71

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for the info. Instead of waiting on Amazon, I just ordered them from B&N.

#3 Jriv71

Jriv71

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 01:22 PM

Just got them Saturday, and they look great. Only two more to go!!!

(Can anyone explain to me why I'm so excited about this? I mean I have them all already. I'm not even gonna read these, except for LALD, because I know they changed some stuff. But really, I'm a grown man, with 2 kids, and I'm acting like a child with a new toy. I can't wait to get the last 2, just so that I can put them on my shelf, in order, and never touch them again. Actually that's not true. Occasionally I do take them out and look at them. LOOK at them! What the Hell is wrong with me???)

#4 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 04:38 AM

Originally posted by Jriv71
(Can anyone explain to me why I'm so excited about this?  I mean I have them all already.  I'm not even gonna read these, except for LALD, because I know they changed some stuff.  But really, I'm a grown man, with 2 kids, and I'm acting like a child with a new toy.  I can't wait to get the last 2, just so that I can put them on my shelf, in order, and never touch them again.  Actually that's not true.  Occasionally I do take them out and look at them.  LOOK at them!  What the Hell is wrong with me???)

Simple. You are a "Collector." :)

Got mine today. Beauties. I'm off to the vault...

#5 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 05:01 AM

Perhaps it isn't what I should really be looking at (:)) but I noticed that you have the same scanner as I do, zencat. What a coincidence!

Anyway, I can't wait to get my hands on the new reissues. It gets me really excited when I pick one up in the store, and leaves me heartbroken when I don't buy it, for I'll have to save up a ton of dough, so to speak, to buy them all.

#6 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 27 August 2003 - 05:10 AM

I've always used HP scanners (at home and work) and have never had the need to think of other brands.

#7 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 05:11 AM

Funny how this thread turned from a discussion of the Bond books to a discussion of computer scanners. :)

#8 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 27 August 2003 - 05:19 AM

OK then.

So when is The Man With The Golden Gun and Octopussy and The Living Daylights and 007 In New York likely to be released?
:)

#9 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 01:52 PM

It's a pretty good scanner. It took a while for them to release software for O.S. X (that interfaces with Photoshop), but now that they have, it works like a dream.

No word yet on TMWTGG and OPATLDA007INY.

#10 Jriv71

Jriv71

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 12:41 PM

Screw that. I tried calling that 718 number on the piece of paper in the upper right of the photo, (since 718 is a N.Y. area code) hoping it was the number for the security company in charge of guarding the vault, in case I'm ever in Marina del Rey late at night.

No dice.

#11 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 02:30 PM

Whoops! Think I have to do a little touch up on that pic.

#12 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 02:35 PM

There. Done. What 718 number?

Hope you wrote it down. :)

#13 Jriv71

Jriv71

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 02:36 PM

Yes, I----D'OH!

#14 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 03:07 PM

Funny that the Penguin logo is stuck half way up the OHMSS book, the rest are in a corner.

Looks a little lost up there.