#1 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 12:17 AM

http://www.ezydvd.co...item.zml/222839

Be interesting to see if they change the cover art for Die Another Day to match the others in the set.

#2 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 02:13 AM

Honestly, I'll be pretty annoyed if they do, since I already have the monster set and DAD with the different cover.

#3 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 03:10 AM

So do I.

By the way, my On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Live and Let Die and For Your Eyes Only DVDs all start with English subtitles on.

Are they faulty in any way, or are they all like that?

I know you can just turn them off, but I was just wondering.

Thanks.

#4 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 06:01 AM

OHMSS and FYEO start with the subtitles on for me too, but none of the others do. One of my Non-Bond DVDs does that too, I don't know what the story there is.

I fear my DAD DVD may be faultly though. I can't hear Wilson on the Tamahori/Wilson commentary, or Rosamund Pike on the Brosnan/Pike commentary. Very strange.

#5 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 06:48 AM

I can't hear either of them either.

I think it's because I have a mono TV, actually. Just my theory.

#6 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 11:22 AM

Originally posted by freemo
OHMSS and FYEO start with the subtitles on for me too, but none of the others do. One of my Non-Bond DVDs does that too, I don't know what the story there is.

I fear my DAD DVD may be faultly though. I can't hear Wilson on the Tamahori/Wilson commentary, or Rosamund Pike on the Brosnan/Pike commentary. Very strange.

I think thats cos on the commentaries each person talks out of a different speaker (i dont know the technical terms). I had the same problem till i fixed my stereo.

#7 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 04:17 AM

Ah, I think you may be right. Cheers. :)

#8 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 06:31 AM

Ah, thankfully they don't plan to do the dirty on those of us who purchased the set previously. The cover art remains the same.

Posted Image

#9 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 08:06 AM

Honestly, it never really worried me that DAD stuck out like a sore thumb from the rest, and I'm usually strangely particular about such things. Just content to have the set I suppose.

#10 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 08:18 AM

Ah, see, I was a bit annoyed at it.

Thought the Australian release of Die Another Day is much more similar to the other 19 than the U.S.'s. A reversable cover for all regions would have been great.

Out of curiousity, freemo, do you keep the plastic slip-case on the set?

#11 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 08:24 AM

Yeah, that would have been nice.

Anyway, what's up with this re-releasing?. I remember when the Monster box first came out last October, I went looking for one in Decemeber and they'd all sold out. They didn't come out again until this June when DAD came out, and now they're going to be re-released again in a few months ?

Strategy intended to maximize profits I'm sure, can't really see how it does so though, surely anyone who wants to buy one would, regardless.

That fact that only the Connery and Brosnan ones were available individually also struck me as odd. Too bad for anyone with a strange inclining towards Octopussy and none of the others.

#12 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 09:14 AM

No idea. The whole re-releasing thing is puzzling. Though not as much as the U.S. schedule. I don't see how putting things on moratorium builds up demand for the general public. If they want a Bond film, they'll just go and buy it. I wonder if it really optimises sales. I guess it must if they keep doing it.

I'm pretty sure that the monster sets have only been released in limited numbers each time and each time they have sold like hot cakes. I barely got mine after the last release.

I assume they'll re-release the Moores, the Daltons and the Lazenby soon. Perhaps in time for Christmas?

#13 minchjp

minchjp

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 12:03 PM

The comentarys are set up so one person speaks out of one speaker for ease of identification. Set up you're DVD player to MONO output in you use a mono TV. I think they were assuming if you purchased DAD, u have a good system (5.1 or better)