20 replies to this topic

#1 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 04:58 AM

I am going to write my first fanfic soon and I was wondering if anybody has any cool suggestions for gadgets. They don't have to be real, but nothing over-the-top.

#2 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 05:47 AM

To be honest, I do have a few ideas, but I am saving them for my fanfic. I was trying to use a lighter as something, maybe a tracking device or something, I dont know, all the good ones are taken :)

#3 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 09 July 2003 - 09:03 AM

As I don't know where your Bond is going I can't suggest any mission specific toys, but as for generic mission toys to take on all assignments:

Glasses with x-ray and glare resistant capability
Watch with the usual gimmicks
Mobile phone with the usual gimmicks
Key-ring with the usuual gimmicks.....

Err, maybe you should tell us where you plan to send Bond, bond111.
:)

#4 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 05:13 PM

Sorry, I didn't think of that. I'm planning to take Bond to Germany (in the Black Forest). Thank you for your suggestions.

#5 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 11:18 PM

I just started my own fanfic last month. I completed the first chapter and I am starting on the second chapter. The gadgets Bond has used in my story so far is the Aston Martin V12 Vanquish. I have mentioned his Omega Seamaster (he is about to use it soon) and a Nokia cell phone (I haven't mentioned it gadgets yet).

#6 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 11:25 PM

Yes I was planning on using an Aston Martin and his watch. It's hard to come up with something original because Bond has used many gadgets over the years.

#7 DanMan

DanMan

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2009 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 02:10 AM

He could use a watch that works as a geiga-counter.

#8 DanMan

DanMan

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2009 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 03:55 AM

I'm currently writing a fan script, called "A Spy In Shining Armor".
I've mapped out the plot and I've come up with a couple of gadgets and I want to know what you think of them.

Q-Branch Gadgets-

1) Explosive Lighter- Seemingly ordinary silver lighter, but when you twist the tiny knob on the bottom it become a highly dangerous explosive.

2) Sonic Buttons- To the naked eye, a harmless button on a coat. Remove it and apply pressure to the center of the button and it becomes a sonic irritator, disorientating anyone within a small space. (There is a three second pause before the button becomes active, which should give you enough time to get a couple of feet away.)

3) Jaguar XK8, Equipped with-
a)Magnetic Plating: The car's metallic armor has been enhanced with
magnetic capabilities. When selected from the car's control panel,
all metal objects within 10-15 feet will be pulled in by the plating.

b)Rear/Side Flamethrowers: When selected, small flamethrowers will
appear out of the right, left, and rear sides of the car. The heat will be
enough to severly burn anything within 10 feet of the car.

c)Cable-Wire: A roll of cable-wire is concealed behind the rear licence
plate. It could be used to haul other vehicles or objects to a specific area.

d)Ejector Seat/Parachute: If you need to escape from your car while moving at high speeds, you can simply push the eject button, you will be fired into the air, and return to the ground safely with a built in parachute.

e)Infred GPS Scan: When this feature is selected, the car's GPS system will give you an infred satellite image of your location so you can detect guards or scan important areas.

f)Standard Rockets/Machine Guns: Nothing your not already familiar with. The foward machine guns are concealed in the front of the car as well as the rockets.

#9 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 04:04 AM

:) Funny thing is that I was going to use some gadgets similar to some of those in my new fanfic (i.e. flamethrowers, GPS, and magnetic plating), but some were scrapped. That's quite a coincidence.

Well aside from that, I like the Sonic button idea, and the cable wire; very imaginative. I hope the writing goes well.

#10 DanMan

DanMan

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2009 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 04:05 AM

Thanks, Bond111.

#11 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 09:11 AM

you have some very good ideas danman, go with them and see what happens, i want to read it when you are through

#12 Kronsteen

Kronsteen

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 418 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 11:00 AM

Yeah, nice ideas DanMan, but...

...Bond used an explosive lighter in the beginning of Tomorrow Never Dies. You can see it very briefly that it really is a lighter in the movie, but I'm not sure everybody has noticed it, so I guess you didn't either DanMan. :)

Keep going!

#13 DanMan

DanMan

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2009 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 04:48 PM

Oh, I always thought that it was a regular grenade. Thanks for the info and praise.

#14 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 09:43 PM

First of all I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the General Discussion forum, so if this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it.

I am currently writing a new Bond Fan Fiction, and quite a bit of it involves lumber manufacture, a subject of which I know little about. It's doubtful, but does anybody here know anything about it? I need to know things like which machines are used to cut the trees down, the process of turning trees into lumber, etc. If anybody could help it would be much appreciated.

#15 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 10:12 PM

I do not know anything about lumber manufactoring because I am not a Lumber Jack, sorry. I did some research for my fan fiction using Google.com. Try using it to get some good information.

#16 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 10:15 PM

I tried that but it was rather difficult to find what I want. What I really need is someone who is experienced in this field and that could give some expert advice.

#17 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 10:22 PM

Write a letter to a lumber manufactoring company in the country/city where your lumber manufactoring company will be and then ask them to send you the information you need.

#18 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 10:35 PM

Thanks for the advise, but I think that would be both time consuming, and expensive. :) Again, I just need someone here at CBn to help me. If nobody knows a thing about lumber then I will resort to other methods of finding information (e.g. the ones you mentioned above, Righty).

#19 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 03:03 AM

The letter would be time consuming, yes. But stamps only cost 37 cents these day. :)

#20 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 03:09 AM

How much does it cost to send a letter to Switzerland? :) And I would assume I could write two fanfics before I ever got a response. :)

#21 booyeah_

booyeah_

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 05:34 AM

The cable wire is clever. I always thought it would be cool to have a huge helicopter, w/ room for two, come out of a giant traveling chest. It could have missles, flame thrower and other gadgets. It's name? Big Nellie.