2 replies to this topic

#1 Aces High

Aces High

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 09:38 PM

Monday 4th August ITV Prime time 'You Only Live Twice' & its a mere 8 months since it was on last.Come on ITV show 'The Living Daylights; that one has not been on for well over 12 months.Me feels ITV are playing these films to death!!!
How many other films made pre 1968 are shown as much in a prime time slot??

#2 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 10:19 PM

Did you see Dead Ringers tonight? They had a Bond piece with Pierce, Sean and Roger being sent on a mission by M (Judi Dench) to eliminate David Jason so that instead of a Touch of Frost, more Bond films could be shown. Each said though that the Bond films have been done to death and made a joke about their own styles. It was pretty good and if you didn't catch it, it's repeated on Sunday on BBC2 at 11.00 I think.

Two interesting things I noticed; the theme for YOLT was playing in the background, this was being screened on ITV1 at the same time. Also, M stated that it was MI5, not MI6 that Bond worked for and that the only way they received money, was by screening Bond repeats.

#3 Aces High

Aces High

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 11:22 PM

RThanks for the heads up I'll set the video to catch it on sunday.
Looks like ITV are skipping George's Bond as its Diamonds Are Forever next week.That one has not been on since New years day 2003 another 8 monther!!...maybe OHMSS will be on at christmas