James Bond 007 in Short Stories

4 replies to this topic

#1 bondfan15

bondfan15

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 03:22 PM

I just wanted to let everybody in these forums know that I have two 007 short stories, "Never Send a Man" and "The Eternal Flame," available on the fan fiction section of FanFiction.net.

The first story stars Bond and a vengeful FBI agent on a mission to assassinate a drug lord named Alexander Dramond in New York City. The second story stars James Bond and a beautiful French agent named Charlize Verault in a quest to stop the sale of British agent names and code numbers on a speeding bullet train in Paris.

The stories are available through this link: James Bond 007 in Short Stories or at this site. Please take the time and read them.

Also, the stories are available on my website. Also on the site you'll find information about the literary James Bond, my short stories, the James Bond 007 Short Story Anthology that me and a few other Bond fans & writers are working on, and some of my favorite links. Please, don't forget to sign my guestbook! :)

Thanks for reading this post. Please read my stories and leave your feedback here.

Thanks again!

#2 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 03:51 PM

Thanks for letting us know, bf15. I will check them out when I get a chance. If you wish, feel free to post your stories here in the The Rough With The Smooth’s Fan Fiction Posting Section.

#3 Matt Helm

Matt Helm

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 12:11 AM

I've read NSAM and was impressed. It is an enjoyable story and it deserves a mention on my "Fan Fiction Reviews" site as soon as I gather up enough short stories to warrant it. Your story was enjoyable with only a minor mistake. There is no 5th Street in Harlem. The streets center around 125th Street and the Avenues have names (St. Nicolaus, Amsterdam, Lenox). Also, I found it odd for Bond to cab 1 block to get to Macys. It would have been nice to have him stroll and mention the experience. A whole page could be dedicated to the NY atmosphere. I know I'm being picky so I'll shut up now.

A job well done. Why not try a full length novel? And if you're going to stick to short stories, I suggest you set them back in the 50's, 60's or even early 70's rather than in the present. It's a stronger connection to Fleming. The female M connects too much with Benson or more likely, MGM.

One question, are all versions of the story exactly the same or is there a final updated one? The version on your site seems the most pleasing on the eye.

#4 bondfan15

bondfan15

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 12:41 AM

Thanks for the kind words, Matt Helm... I really appreciate such a nice and constructive review.

As for the street name issue... that's a bit of writer's license that I took... without deeply researching street names for the story, I simply selected something really quick and '5th Street' is what I chose. As for the issue with Macys, I've never been to New York City and therefore wouldn't know what kind of "atmosphere" to give it... however, my first trip to NYC (yes, I am American, and yes it is sad that I haven't been there before) is coming up in a week or so, and perhaps after that I'll give the story the "once-over" for improvement.

As for the 50's, 60's, and 70's issue, I am currently working on a story, a flashback story to 1977, where Bond first meets the Cuban sleeper agent from DAD (in the novelization and early script, Bond and Raoul had met each other in the past). The story is also a homage to Goldfingner, and its the backstory to the pre-titles sequence in that film.

As for the website version of my story, it has not been updated since being put on www.fanfiction.net. It's the exact same one... and I'm glad you think it's the best!

As for adding more short stories to your site, I have another short story not yet available on my site, The Eternal Flame, which can be read at www.fanfiction.net. As soon as I have the time, I'll be putting it up on my website. Besides the Cuban short story, I'm also working on a short story entitled "Dangerously Yours" which involves Bond in Miami, Florida.

Please check back here periodically to read more stories! As soon as I have them, I'll let everyone on these forums know!

Once again, thanks for the kind words about my stories... I've read the reviews on your site and I know you don't give empty praise, so it really means a lot to me!

Thanks again!

#5 Jimbo007

Jimbo007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 285 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 03:00 PM

Good god those were great. I really enjoyed both of those. I had read them about two months ago (didn't no where to reply) and was impressed. Good job!

I have a short story myself on the way that I have been working on for a little over a month. The title is in my signature below.