The name change to Ian Fleming Publications

7 replies to this topic

#1 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 23 July 2003 - 01:26 AM

[quote]Originally posted by zencat (in the "Will Amis, Gardner and Benson continuation novels ever be republished?" thread by Loomis)
When Glidrose changed their name to "Ian Fleming Publications" that pretty spelled out their business plan. Hey, it

#2 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 02:36 AM

Interesting move they have made here, indeed changing their name to IFP gives the public the impression that they will only be Bond orientated. But is the plan only to reprint the 007 novels only? Gives them a pretty limited source of income. Maybe we'll see a big ad campaign for the books in stores?

#3 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 23 July 2003 - 02:43 AM

Originally posted by Icephoenix
Interesting move they have made here, indeed changing their name to IFP gives the public the impression that they will only be Bond orientated. But is the plan only to reprint the 007 novels only? Gives them a pretty limited source of income. Maybe we'll see a big ad campaign for the books in stores?

Err, that's what they've always done , isn't it?

I'm thinking that they'll only concentrate on Fleming's Bond and not Amis, Gardner, and Benson.

#4 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 02:47 AM

Or maybe, at last we will get to see more Fleming's writing -- "The Diamond Smugglers" his non-fiction thriller, or a collection of his writing for newspapers are two titles that spring to mind as deserving a reprint.

-- Xenobia

#5 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 02:57 AM

There is a nice new edition of CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG coming in...October I think.

#6 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 06:41 AM

They should print Thrilling Cities too. That looks like an interesting book, haven't read it myself. I would really like to see reprints of Gardner's books. I can't bare to think they should not continue the Bond series.

#7 jwheels

jwheels

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 07:22 AM

Originally posted by zencat
There is a nice new edition of CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG coming in...October I think.

It's also being released, or re-released on DVD in October.

#8 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 07:58 AM

Just in time for its 35th anniversary, no doubt.