5 replies to this topic

#1 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 10:43 PM

Just a heads up for the UK fans, From Russia With Love is screening on ITV1 Monday 21st July at 8.30. as usual it is in two parts with the first being 8.30 till 10.00 and the second 10.30 to 11.10.

You may remember that last week Goldfinger was shown and the week before that was Dr. No, with Tomorrow Never Dies on the Sunday before that. It seems strange to show the films in such an odd order and sometimes it has been known for the Brosnan 3 to be shown in a block but here it seems like a one-off.
But why are they screenin DN, FRWL and GF in an abstract order?
It might be interesting to see which film, if any, will be screening next week.

#2 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 10:36 AM

Does anyone feel that the odd order if the films is, well, odd?

#3 Red Grant

Red Grant

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 376 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 01:02 PM

I think the sequence of films this time is more to do with winning ratings than anything else. It didn't work as the films are up against Spooks which is winning hands down and actually owes a lot to the Bond films. I find it hard to believe that in this day and age the Bond films can still compete (reasonably well) with modern programmes. Not bad for a 40 year old film. How many other films of this age are shown on primetime TV?

#4 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 01:20 PM

I've lost all interest in Spooks to be quite honest. I watched and loved the first series and so eagerly awaited the second one. I watched the first few episodes, then just found myself switching between that and something else, now I don't even watch it at all. It all seems a bit samey and got boring too fast for me.

#5 The Girl With The Golden Gun

The Girl With The Golden Gun

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Location:Deep inside my hollowed out volcano...in the South of England!

Posted 03 August 2003 - 09:01 PM

seeing as TB was shown last week, i think things are finally beginning to return to normal you can catch YOLT next monday (8th august) on ITV at 8.30pm and as ever, finishes after the ITV news.

#6 The Girl With The Golden Gun

The Girl With The Golden Gun

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Location:Deep inside my hollowed out volcano...in the South of England!

Posted 03 August 2003 - 09:05 PM

Also, Toby Stephens is to be featuring in a major BBC dramatisation of Bronte's classic "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" sometime soon!