7 replies to this topic

#1 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 07:02 PM

Halle Berry is going to be at the San Diego Comic-Con this Sat. July 19th promoting her WB film Gothika.

Looks like it's going to be an amazing Saturday. Angelina Jolie will be there for Tomb Raider 2 (you know I

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 03:57 PM

Well...I went... It was a freakin' ZOO! (I'm really getting too old for this kind of thing.) There was a 2 1/2 hour line just to get in and register and by the time I got in the Angelina Jolie and Halle Berry presentations were over. In fact, I just missed Angie by minutes. When I got in the room, Kevin Smith was taking the stage. I booed him loudly.

I did see a boiling MASS of people and photographers at two of the autograph tables where Angie and Halle were allegedly signing... I did get a small peek of Angie (one terrified eyeball) as they hustled her out the back door. The whole thing looked like it was about to get out of hand.

I did get some good Tomb Raider 2 freebies so it wasn't a total loss. And it's always fun to see the people in their costumes. And the Hugh Jackman VAN HELSING presentation was great. They showed footage and it looks killer!

Oh, yeah, Bond. I snapped a pic of the Sideshow Q and Jaws figures (below). FYI: It said the Q figure would be from TSWLM. Aside from this, there was no Bond whatsoever.

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 04:03 PM

Part of the cast of VAN HELSHING: Hugh Jackman, Kate Beckinsale, Richard Roxburgh (Dracula), and one of his brides. Also there, but out of pic, were another bride, Will Kemp (the Wolf Man), Shuler Hensley (Frankenstein), Kevin J. O'Connor (Igor), the producer, and Steven Sommers.

#4 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 04:30 PM

Nice pics John!

Even at a distance, Kate looks as lovely as ever.

The figures looks good as well. I like the Roger LALD.

#5 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 04:40 PM

If I ever go again (and that's a real "if") I'm going to do it right. Like Spyfest. I'm going to register for all 3 days, get a hotel in San Diego, and come and go as I please. It's just too hard to do as a day trip. And what's the point of going to one of these things if you can't end the day having a cocktail with a girl dressed as Wonder Woman?

Eliza Dushku is there today. Yep, I really blew it this year.

#6 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 04:49 PM

The last time I did the Con, that was the way to go.

Spyfest will pick up your spirits.

....and remind me to show you a pic of Flicka in her Wonder Woman costume;)

#7 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 08:02 PM

Nice pictures, Zen. Glad to hear you had a good time. Too bad about Angie and Halle. To quote TB: "Another time, another place." :) I got's a few questions for you, if you don't mind:
Why'd you boo Kevin Smith? I'm not really a fan of his, I'm just interested why.
My friend was telling me today the details about a clip from The Amazing Spider-Man which was shown there. Did you see it? (It has a spoiler in it, so I won't divulge the details for those who haven't heard of it.)

#8 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 08:10 PM

I didn't see the Spider-Man clip, but I heard about it.

Kevin Smith... I have nothing against Kevin Smith. I was just having some rowdy Comic-Con fun. Booing Kevin Smith seemed like a very Kevin Smith thing to do.

(And I knew he couldn't hear me -- it was huge room and people were cheering. I was doing it mostly to just crack up my friend. :) )