6 replies to this topic

#1 flares

flares

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 01:11 PM

If anyone would like any bond books they cant seem to find cheap:(It will only cost you what I pay for it (normally 50p -

#2 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 01:15 PM

Chap

Not wishing to rain on parades, nor criticise a worthy idea - but how exactly is that "free"?

Surely "dirt cheap"?

#3 flares

flares

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 01:17 PM

Realised after I had posted it - too late to change the title. However, the service I am providing is Free as I am making no profit from it.

flares

#4 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 02:02 PM

Hmm - that's not really what "free" means. I think if that can be seen as an offer - which I think it can, rather than an invitation to treat - the reasonable man would reasonably interpret "free" as "free of charge to him" not "free of profit to supplier".

"Not for profit" would be neater - and less troublesome. Really, I'm not rubbishing the idea at all, it's a good one. But I think it would be dangerous for you - and this site - to advertise things as free when they aren't.

#5 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 02:08 PM

Crikey, someone's got the grumps today. I know the Sun's gone in, but.....

#6 flares

flares

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 02:19 PM

Im very Sorry Jim - I already told you it was a mistake and that I didnt mean to post it, and that I can't change the title. I did not mean to defraud anyone. I do think people will understand what I mean once they read the thread though, but otherwise please forgive me.

What I am offering is what I am offering, and I'm certainly not interested in getting into a debate on contract law. As I have no intention to create legal relations and am not of sound mind, I cannot enter a valid contract anyway.

If anybody is actually interested in this free service that is purely and genuinely intended only to help people, please feel free to e-mail me.

flares

#7 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 02:25 PM

Oh Murphers, really.

I was only trying to help (OK, that sounds a bit pathetic).

I'll shut up.