21 replies to this topic

#1 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 03:29 AM

First I wont be writing this as a novel, but in script form (as thats what I prefer, I am after all a screenwriter). Ok, heres the synopsis (very brief):

After a investigation of the death of one of the previous M's, Admiral Hargreaves turns up murder. Newly appointed M, Bill Tanner is fearful that Barbara Mawdsley is next. Knowing that the P.M. would never allow MI6 to send a Double-O to protect one person of little signifigance, 007 apparently "resigns" from the service with Tanner citing a personal vendetta as the reason (even though Tanner is fully aware what Bond is doing).

Thats what I got so far, I'd love to hear what you guys think of it (as I feel the premise is quite original), and I'd love to hear a few suggestions for possible titles.

#2 License To Kill

License To Kill

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1556 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 03:37 AM

Wait, Tanner is M?

#3 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 03:44 AM

In the fanfic I am about to write, yes.

#4 Doubleshot

Doubleshot

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 03:55 AM

Brilliant idea, Jimmy. Very original. I'll throw around some ideas. You may make the villian a villian from a past film or story who was never killed, merely arrested or presumed to be dead.

#5 DanMan

DanMan

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2009 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 05:03 AM

Sound good Jimmy. It'll be interesting to find out how Bond and Tanner get along with eachother once he becomes M.

#6 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 05:04 AM

Great idea Doubleshot.

I had come up with a backstory that Admiral Hargreaves had been blackmailed into leaking and now that he was threatening to expose his blackmailers he was killed. Bond's mission is to locate Barbara, and find out if she has been leaking information as well, and also find out who's behind the blackmail.

I've been thinking of something along the lines of The Dissolution of Innocence as the title. Refers to the fact that Bond slowly discovers that the people he trusted and knew for a long time were involved in things that he never thought they were capable of.

Not very extravagant for a Bond film I know, but then again, they can't all be about destroying the world eh :)

#7 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 06:10 AM

Cool idea! That story ought to turn out nicely. The only criticism I have is that this would be the third time 007 left MI6. After all they're "not a country club!". But I suppose it's bound to happen often with that rebel Mr. Bond :). Hope the writing process goes smoothly.

#8 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 06:19 AM

I put a twist on that bond111. Bond "officially" leaves the service. Unoficially he's still very much a agent of Her Majestys Government.

Almost done with the pretitles. They should be up shortly :)

#9 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 06:25 AM

I guess I missed that. Well that makes the story even more intriguing. Thanks for clarifying.

#10 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 11:14 AM

I've just read your teaser (I can't seem to post there) and I must say that I am very, very impressed by what you have written so far. It's an extremely good set-up that you've created among the characters and bringing back the old M and actually clearing up the fact that it was Hargreaves and not Messervy (as I've always believed) was a wise decision.

IMO, this plays out much better than anything we've seen in the films in recent years and it will defnitely turn out great once you've finished.

One last thing about the title, it's great and I don't think you should change it but, you might be able to make it a bit snappier using a few alternate words.

Rgds

#11 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 04:56 PM

Wow I've just finished reading the pre-title sequence and I have to say it was great. I can't wait to see how the rest of the story turns out.

By the way, it seems you have the wrong link on the fanfic page. You might want to change it so it goes here.

#12 DanMan

DanMan

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2009 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 06:21 PM

WOW. Just read the pre-titles and it's great. I'll be looking foward to the next scene.

#13 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 06:44 PM

Those pretitles are awesome! That's exactly how the curtain should go up on a Bond movie.

Very nicely done Jimmy!

-- Xenobia

#14 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 08:00 PM

Thanks all, I wasnt sure if leaving out a "huge" stunt would work, but it appears it has :) I've always felt that the films lately do themselves a disservice by having the best action up front.

#15 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 08:03 PM

Originally posted by bond111
of the story turns out.

By the way, it seems you have the wrong link on the fanfic page. You might want to change it so it goes here.

Thanks mate, I wasnt sure what you were on about at first. Then I saw the link, wish I would have thought of that, thanks mods. I did fix the URL so it directs you back to this thread though :)

#16 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 11:38 AM

I've just read the next bit. It's still going superbly but I don't think you need to use the 'Italian Job' joke again.

#17 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 02:40 AM

M's office scene coming soon.

In case anyone still cares :)

#18 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 03:13 AM

I care! And I look forward to reading it!

-- Xenobia

#19 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 03:15 AM

Yes, I too cannot wait for the next installment.

#20 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 07:09 PM

So are you still writing? I hope you get the next chapter up soon! :)

#21 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 07:13 PM

I got really busy lately. First I went out of town in July. Now I have College, so bear with me, I havent forgot about it :) But it will be a while.

#22 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 08:05 PM

No problem, I know how it goes. I'm writing my own fanfic but have lost the movivation for now. Well at any rate, I'll be looking forward to the next portion.