No replies to this topic

#1 bebopfoot

bebopfoot

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 202 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 03:09 AM

This film is a favorite of mine, and Connery undoubtedly gave a terrific performance. So, I was just thinking, since we'll probably never see anyone write a sort of final Bond tale like was done for Superman after Crisis on Infinite Earths or was done for Batman like in the Dark Knight Returns, it's safe to assume we'll all have to make up our own "final" Bond story. But for the Connery fans, an altered version of this film could serve as that. Think about it, an old outdated Bond, ever insistent on still having field work, is past his prime in a future where corruption has run rampant at MI6. When a new young idealistic agent seeks his help, he partakes in his final adventure. If you've seen the film, and you should if you haven't, I think it's a perfect "ending". Bond, with no real family to have at a funeral or something, would probably most appropriately be closest to the people in this final mission who he has just met, so I think, and I don't want to give anything away, that It would be appropriate that it ends like it does. What do you think? Bill Tanner could be the corrupt police chief, now a corrupt M.