7 replies to this topic

#1 bebopfoot

bebopfoot

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 June 2003 - 10:08 PM

Just wondering if any of you guys ever read or wrote on the James Bond Interactive Adventures, a webpage made by this guy named Brax back in 1997. You got to write in and continue the story he started, and it was pretty cool. The stories were childish at first, but as they went on they got better. In particular, we introduced a villain named Mr. White who was particularly memorable (this being after I started writing for them.) I reccomend going and downloading to read the four we've written and the one we're working on right now to see if you'll agree at http://www.geocities.../3814/bond.html. Unfortunately, with little people writing in anymore since it seems the original fan base has moved on, it might not get finished unless some of you want to do something about it. Anyway, comments would be appreciated here.

#2 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 28 June 2003 - 11:20 PM

Welcome to CBn, bebopfoot. :)

#3 Brix Bond

Brix Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1503 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 12:06 AM

Oh, I thought there had been a spelling mistakes.

*sighs and waits for fame*

#4 Dunph

Dunph

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3826 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 01:37 AM

I second righty, bebop, welcome to CBn!

The link you gave doesn't work, if you can get it to work, I'm sure we'll gladly go and take a look!

Hope to see more of you in the future around the forums!

#5 bebopfoot

bebopfoot

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 202 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 01:45 AM

I don't know why it didn't work right, but if you'll type in the link I posted minus the period at the end it will take you right there. Thanks for the warm welcome, by the way. Like I'm sure many of you are, I'm an 18 year old who always loved Bond but around seventh grade I started to really get into it and find out about the original Fleming books and then become obsessive and memorize things like all the actors who played Felix and what not. Anyway, I was looking over these stories again recently and I realized you'll probably only want to read the old ones or any of them at all for curiosity's sake, for they were simply kids trying to sort of write a Bond movie, nothing like those here writing Fleming-style novel works, and it shows, especially in the early work. But if anyone wants to give it a shot, there it is. And I just want to say that I'm glad there's a place like this where Bond fans can talk because, let's face it, there's a link we share that no one else has.

#6 bebopfoot

bebopfoot

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 202 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 04:00 PM

So, what did everybody think? I know they were terrible, but I like this website because it gave you a chance to write a little but you didn't have tot ackle a whole lot if you were just starting out in writing. It made for stories that were hodge-podges, but nevertheless they were fun.

#7 clinkeroo

clinkeroo

Commander

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 05:42 PM

I remember the Brax stories when they first got going. After the initial couple of posters they degenerated quickly and were ultimately quite horrible as the mish-mash of styles, questionable skills with the English language, and the different degrees of character knowledge and interpretation by the individual authors really drug things down.
That aside, what they did do, was provide a slick looking outpost of Bond fan fiction on the net when there was absolutely nothing else out there (even fanfiction.net.) They were the first major site that wasn't attacked by Glidrose, and gave many of us hope that we could eventually create and share stories without having our [censored] sued off. In this respect, their contribution was invaluable.

#8 bebopfoot

bebopfoot

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 202 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 09:49 PM

On the contrary, I think we got better. The first had 12-year old level plots, whereas by the third story Death By the Book, we really hit a creative high and produced something that was fun to read and rather smart. The next one, Hammerclaw, was I think at least worthy of some of the lesser films, but the main point here is that the fifth one is still in development and isn't finished yet. It won't, unless people like you start writing in again! Here is a chance to make it better if you don't like it, and I for one am trying not to pass it up, but he'll no longer accept my stories because I'm the only one writing in anymore. Thus, it is all the choice of the Bond fan community what will happen.