5 replies to this topic

#1 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 06:17 AM

I think Roger had some amazing Stunts.. and his pretitle's action sequences were amazing!!:)

Here is my list:

1. TSWLM : come on the jump!:eek:

2.Octopussy : the fake horse.. the airplane in the hanger..filler up ending :)

3. Moonraker : the airplance jump with jaws was pretty amazing :)

4. FYEO : the whole thing! it has old fashion class with his wife.. the death of blofield.. stunts..humor.. serious :cool:

5. TMWTGG : Interesting setup for the villian

6. AVTAK : kinda done..but had some nice new twists.. snowboarding was cool ..first time I ever saw it ..

7. LALD : kinda boring.. or average.. more or less starting the movie already? but hey I guess something has to be last :)

#2 Genrewriter

Genrewriter

Cammander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4360 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 06:39 AM

7. LALD: Nice, original way to open the film but it would have been nice to see Bond before the title sequence.

6. TMWTGG: Apart from Christopher Lee, the sequence has very little going for it. Even worse, it gives away the ending somewhat by staging a better duel with a common thug than the one we get with Bond.

5. MR: Some incredible stunt work is marred by Jaws turning into Wile E. Coyote.

4. FYEO: I like the suntwork and the humor works for me. I think it eases the audience into the film before going into a more serious story.

3. AVTAK: A personal favorite as it's from the first bond film I ever saw. I love John Barry's music and the action is very good.

2. OP: It's close, but the plane sequence in this film, as good as it is, simply can't match the ski jump.

1. TSWLM: A great pretitle sequcne that sets up the plot of the story as well as the dramatic conflict that will come later. THIS is the right way to write a screenplay.

(I can say that being a screenwriter myself.)

#3 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 06:51 AM

"5. MR: Some incredible stunt work is marred by Jaws turning into Wile E. Coyote."

man .. I totally agree.. and forgot all about that! I gotta move that down on my list.. that was waaay to much camp in JAWS in that movie..

some of it is funny as hell.. but some makes me cringe:eek::)

#4 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 11:30 AM

TSWLM set the tone and the standard for all pretitles sequences to be compared to. Before this the pretitles was merely an action sequence but this movie dictated that there must be a truly incredible stunt in the pretitles.
My other favorite is AVTAK. I think John Barry's music track is right on the money!

#5 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 08:07 PM

you know allot of it.. comes down to the director! The man shooting that scene. John Glen a 2nd unit director filing that TSWLM scene that was amazing! Maybe it was the editor too..

because another amazing scene which was shot wrong was Goldeneye! when I saw that in the theather and NOW the shot choices are aweful, because it looks like you have a model plane in from of a bluescreen ..then an actor on wires.. and they pasted them all together with a fast moving sky background!

when I found out that was a LIVE stunt.. I was like.. what?????? If I was the stuntman I would be pissed! because they shot that so half azz.. even the bungi jump scene! That also looks like a bluescreen/model shot when he is free fall..

The funny thing is that director in Sci Fi Universe bad mouthed!! John Glen ,Timothy & Roger.. and their 007 Movies:confused::mad::)

Then you seen that piece of **** directiing of those 2 action scenes.. and they look fake.. when they are NOT fake!! Thats pretty lame..

So DLibrasnow whats your full list? Best to Worst

#6 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 08:32 PM

Here goes then:

1. TSWLM
2. AVTAK
3. MR