5 replies to this topic

#1 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 11:05 PM

I just read on a fan site.. that roger was knighted 4 days ago??? is this true??? I didn't see anything on it on a news sites??

any info?

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 11:41 PM

Check the main page of CBn.

#3 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 11:50 PM

I don't see anything on the main page that gives the actual date that the Queen will perform the knighthood ceremony on Roger. Am I missing something?

#4 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 05:01 AM

Originally posted by Blue Eyes
Check the main page of CBn.

I didn't see it either.. can you give us a direct link to the article on the main page:cool:

#5 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 05:09 AM

I just found this article on google..

http://www.theiowach...070/detail.html

Queen Knights Actor Roger Moore
Actor Recognized For Charity Work, Not 007 Films

POSTED: 10:05 a.m. EDT June 16, 2003

Queen Elizabeth has knighted a second James Bond actor.

Roger Moore joined Sean Connery in the knighthood Saturday as the queen bestowed her annual honors marking her birthday.

But unlike Connery, Moore, 75, was not honored for his film work. According to The Associated Press, his title came for his work with UNICEF and the Kiwanis International children's charity.

"I am so proud to be the recipient of this great honor," Moore said. "I am doubly proud because this is an acknowledgment of UNICEF, the United Nations Children's Fund, an organization I am honored to work for as an international goodwill ambassador."

In the movie world, Moore is best known as the third of five actors who have played Ian Fleming's famed double-O British secret agent.

Another actor, Helen Mirren, earned the title of dame, the equivalent of knighthood. Actress Kristin Scott Thomas became an officer of the British Empire.

Among the musicians honored were Sting and Pink Floyd's David Gilmour, who were both made a commander of the British Empire. Gerry Marsden of the 1960s group Gerry and the Pacemakers was made a member of Order of the British Empire, because of services to charity.

Like Thomas, the honors bestowed upon the musicians carry no titles -- but recipients can use the letters after their names.

#6 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 12:30 PM

Originally posted by 4 Ur Eyez Only

I didn't see it either.. can you give us a direct link to the article on the main page:cool:

It wasn't on the CBN main page, the CBN article just talked about Roger being knighted but it didn't say when the actual ceremony was due to happen.