6 replies to this topic

#1 MrDraco

MrDraco

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 08:24 PM

seafire....give me a small run down of the pace of the book...is it all boat ****? cos i'm a land person its one of the gardners i'vebeen evoding like barbarossa

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 09:16 PM

There's a cruise ship at the beginning...and a U-boat at the end, aside from that, it's all land based.

#3 MrDraco

MrDraco

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 10:29 PM

Thanks for the head up...i just didn't wanna launch in to it all gung ho and then not like it putting it down..i hate to do that with books espcially bond...i'm not to in to Dirk Pitt cos all of Flood Tide is Ships :) its a compulsive thing..land..hahaha well once i finish moonraker novelzation i'll dig in to it:

#4 Brix Bond

Brix Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1503 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 11:00 PM

Is there any particular reason for a dislike of the sea? Or rather, reading about it?

#5 dennisbolt

dennisbolt

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 04:24 AM

Barbarossa is the only Bond book (1952-2002) that I never finished. I should go back and try-it got kinda boring when he went into ? Russia? It has been a dozen years, so I shoudl retry. Gardners alter books kinda blur for me, but his early stuff is crisp.

#6 Cesari

Cesari

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 255 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 09:46 AM

Barborossa is really very boring, specially the endless beginning.
But seafire is not bad. The finale attack with parahaws is great and full of action.
But the new MI6, MicroGlobe One is ****. And I don't care at all the story with the traitor inside the comitee

#7 MrDraco

MrDraco

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 07:55 PM

My distaste for sea comes from nearly drowning a pool and being saved by some fat kid who loved cake, from there on i hated getting sprayed in the face, i can't stand it...!!! and i don't know how to swim just dog paddle so i float around out there being short LOL...5'0 *my height*