#1 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 10:00 PM

Hello everyone,

I thought that I would announce officially that I have been brought on the team as composer for the MI6 forums fan film "Bullets Speak Louder Than Words". I have done close to 10 minutes of music for the film and my gunbarrel music can be heard during the flash teaser on the films website: http://www.007gaming.com/bsltw/ , so go take a listen and let me know what you think!

Here is a rundown of the music cues that I have done so far which will be available at the site for download in due time:

Gunbarrel (:24)

M Sees Bond (:25) - an original piece of Bond music to be used for a segue shot as M visits bond in a cell.

The Handover (1:34) - another original piece of music that will follow a secene in which bond is handed over to a terrorist. Like the scene in DAD. The cool thing about this cue is that I incorperated an unreleased John Barry cue from Octopussy at the end. It is from the precredit sequence as the astrostar plane runs out of fuel.

James Bond Theme (Webpage Remix) (1:33) - an orchestration of the james bond theme for a french horn section, trumpet section, viola tremolo section, and a violin section. It sounds alot like the famed unreleased music when bond enters the hong kong hotel in DAD.

James Bond Theme (SPECTRE Remix) (2:18) - another remix of the Bond theme in the style of Arnolds from the TWINE end credits. I incorperated elements from the Dr. No gunbarrel into the mix.

007 - Velocity Remix - The Rich Douglas Orchestra (1:40) - Think "Iced Inc" from DAD mixed with a brand new orchestration of the 007 theme.

Bond to Spain (:59) - a piece of music that follows bond to spain, complete with a very real sounding nylon flamenco guitar (like arnold used in DAD), and yes there is a flamenco rendition of the Bond theme :-) . The tail end is a mix between "Ice Palace Arrival" from DAD and "Bond to Holland" from DAF.

I'll keep you all posted, if you want to hear any of these cues let me know and I'll e-mail them to you. Please to place your comments in this thread.

Rich

#2 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 11:01 AM

Rich you really need to get your own webpage and post all your Bond music. I can't get enough of it!

It'd be great to have a place where you can download every Bond piece you've ever done. Is anything like this planned for the future. I'm sure it would be a big hit and it would also allow the newer members to download all your old pieces that you did aswell as Twilight of Danger.

#3 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 04:12 PM

I've definately been wanting to do that Tanger, but I simply dont have the time to develope a webpage :) . Also, I know nothing about creating one, so I'm kinda stuck. I would really like a webpage that could host all of my bond music as well as my non bond stuff. I desperately want everyone here to have access to the music Im doing for BSLTW, it's the best bond music I've ever done without a doubt.

Rich

#4 Sick Sense

Sick Sense

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 05:16 PM

oooo i like it. Rich, do you use a program on or computer to mix those?

#5 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 05:23 PM

Glad you like it! I play every note by hand on a midi controller (an Alesis QS 6.1 synth) and use software called gigastudio for the orchestral samples you're hearing. Gigastudio is simply a software based sampler and you have buy the sample cd's seperately and load them in one at a time. For example, the trumpets and french horns in the first part of the gunbarrel were both loaded in seperately via 2 different cd's. I use a program called cool edit pro to record, edit, and mix my music. So in essence, I have to play the violin section, french horns, electric guitar, trumpets, and sequence a beat (with a program called Reason), then record them seperately and mix them all together into one track.

Rich

#6 Sick Sense

Sick Sense

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 05:25 PM

ah i c. very impressive. cheers

#7 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 05:26 PM

shoot me an email if you want to hear any of the other cues I've done.
[email protected]

Rich

#8 JmesBond2001

JmesBond2001

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 12:01 AM

Nice work Rich. Hope the project goes well.

#9 Sick Sense

Sick Sense

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 04:40 AM

have a question about "Bullets speak louder than words". When this film is complete, will there be any possible way of veiwing it? because it sure as hell has my attention already.

#10 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 05:49 AM

lol.. glad to hear it sick... Im sure there will be. The production team hasn't thought that far in advance just yet since they dont start shooting the film until December or shortly after. I'll definately keep yuo all updated!

Rich

#11 DanMan

DanMan

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2009 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 07:01 PM

I've listened to the Gunbarrel Music on the site and it's amazing.

#12 delfloria

delfloria

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:37 AM

Rich, 

Link is down.