19 replies to this topic

#1 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 12:29 AM

According to the Polish website noted in another thread, Roger Moore will playing the role of "C" which of course is the actual letter assigned to the head of Mi6 IN REAL LIFE....Here is the relevent release.

Roger Moore in Semper Occultus? According to Z Review, there have been movements on the development of "Semper Occultus" - the film based around the workings of British intelligence agency MI6. The title is the Latin motto of MI6, which translates to "always secret". Kelly Brook is the number one choice to star in the Bond rivalling franchise. Also under consideration for a role is Roger Moore as "C", the head of MI6. Jason Statham of "The Transporter" fame is being sought for a role as a corrupt SAS Commando.
Directing is thought to be Mike Hurst.

http://members.lycos...site/index2.htm

#2 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 12:39 AM

Sounds cool...:)

#3 MrDraco

MrDraco

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 12:40 AM

Thats my little Octopus....!
(bends over and points to back of Spedo)

#4 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 02:14 AM

so when is this happening...

#5 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 03:00 AM

You know about as much as I do.....that was on the site.

#6 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 03:05 AM

Check out this site:

http://www.thezrevie...eroccultus.shtm

#7 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 03:07 AM

According to that site the plot of the Roger Moore movie is:-

Semper Occultus Based On :
Premise/Synopsis :female spy investigating thefts of organs that leads her to a dictator who needs the transplants

#8 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 03:11 AM

This is also printed on that site:

"Okay - the status is this: Geri Halliwell WAS associated with the project. She is not now. It's not Sci Fi - it is an action thriller in the vein of James Bond, but with a female central character, called Daisy Norton-Hall. Minnie Driver had the part written especially for her, though Cameron Diaz and Catherine Zeta Jones have expressed interest in it also.

The theme is human organ trafficking and is intended to be a franchise. Luke Goss has been mentioned as one of the bad guys - portraying an SAS commando-turned novelist (like your brit true guy, McNab) It is set in Spain, Paris, South Africa and a big climax in London. Former Bond Roger Moore is to be approached to play the head of MI6 with other bonds rumored to have parts written too. This is a true rival to the likes of Bond and Lara Croft.

Tony Scott has been linked to the project, but it is not official. Auroramedia Features in the UK are associated as have been Disney's Buena Vista and Casey Silver Productions. I have read an early draft of the script, though it had no cover - with no writer or address. it is kept in a safe. Semper Occultus means Always Secret in Latin and is the MI6 motto."

#9 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 03:13 AM

I think the part that reads: "Former Bond Roger Moore is to be approached to play the head of MI6 with other bonds rumored to have parts written too" is quite intriguing. I wonder which other Bond actors they are thinking about -- Timothy Dalton, Connery? Perhaps Lazenby?

#10 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 03:23 AM

I think this is great news for Roger fans.

#11 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 06:49 AM

i would love for roger to play head of mi6, that would be wonderful, although i would rather have him in a bond movie playing M

#12 David Somerset

David Somerset

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 07:07 AM

Hmm Roger in a Bond movie playing M. That would be interesting. I can just imagine him saying to Pierce, "come along sonny,pull your socks up. It wasn't likes this in my time!"

#13 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 11:40 AM

I am personally looking forward to seeing this movie. I think they will have to change the title for its US release though....what are peoples thoughts on this?

#14 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 10:32 PM

I wonder what Rogers first scene will be:

"Oh dear not you! I sent for the other fellow!"

#15 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 11:26 PM

wow!! I'd love to see Roger get a few nice roles..

:)

#16 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 04:50 AM

I think this is great news -- Roger in a role in what is hoped to be the first of a series of movies!

#17 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 05:20 AM

oh hell yeah!!! :) I totally agree..

I think roger should have been getting bit parts & supporting roles for years.. He can clearly play different types of roles..I just watched ffolkes and not for one second did I think of him as 007

I could see roger as a higher up in a Star Trek movie.. a small part but have some meat to it :)

#18 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 11:49 AM

Originally posted by 4 Ur Eyez Only
oh hell yeah!!! :) I totally agree..

I think roger should have been getting bit parts & supporting roles for years.. He can clearly play different types of roles..I just watched ffolkes and not for one second did I think of him as 007

I could see roger as a higher up in a Star Trek movie.. a small part but have some meat to it :)

It's not that Roger Moore couldn't get parts. In the early to mid 1980s Roger decided that helping the children of the world through UNICEF was more important than padding out his acting resume (this is in contrast with the greedy money hungry career of another former Bond actor I could mention) :)

#19 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 06:55 AM

:) I agree...

You have to sit down and think when you get older.. what do you want to do with your life.. what would touch people more..

helping sick,poor & dieing children FOR REAL!! Not for 3 seconds in front of a news camera..

OR

Make a bunch of average /dumb Movies when your in your late 60's early 70's:rolleyes:

I think Roger has touch more people's live with the work he has done after James Bond.. I don't think he even knows how many people all around the world love & respect him :)

really.. how much more money do you personally need when your in your mid 70's??

Whats more important in the Big Picture..

Your Legacy as an Actor OR as a Man

I think Roger gets it all.. and chose what he does as a Man :)

#20 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 01:12 PM

Originally posted by 4 Ur Eyez Only
:) I agree...

You have to sit down and think when you get older.. what do you want to do with your life.. what would touch people more..

helping sick,poor & dieing children FOR REAL!! Not for 3 seconds in front of a news camera..

OR

Make a bunch of average /dumb Movies when your in your late 60's early 70's:rolleyes:

I think Roger has touch more people's live with the work he has done after James Bond.. I don't think he even knows how many people all around the world love & respect him :)

really.. how much more money do you personally need when your in your mid 70's??

Whats more important in the Big Picture..

Your Legacy as an Actor OR as a Man  

I think Roger gets it all.. and chose what he does as a Man :)

You are quite correct 4 Ur Eyez Only....