This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Bring Back the Action Packed Car for Bond 20...

2 replies to this topic

#1 licence_to_ill

licence_to_ill

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 August 2001 - 06:56 PM

I have just recently completed Mr. Benson's "The Facts of Death." I must say that he does an excellent job describing the Jaguar's multiple defensive gadgets. I especially like the scout plane. Over the past 3 Bond movies, the car makes a brief appearance but we do not get to see must action with it (Except the BMW in TND: it showed off its "engine" but was not too flashy). The Aston Martin Volante from The Living Daylights was the last car to show us what it could really do.
I sure do hope the next bond 20 films more interesting car scenes where we see the vehicle's numerous defenses.

P.S. I personally would like to see the Aston Martin return to be the main car in the movie not just make brief apperances like in goldeneye, TND, and TWINE. (AND YES THE ASTON MARTIN DID APPEAR OR WAS MENTIONED IN ALL THREE OF THESE MOVIES)

Let me know what you guys think:-)

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 14 August 2001 - 07:43 PM

I agree with you that the gadgets on Bond's car in FACT OF DEATH are cutting edge and exactly the kind of the thing I'd like to see on the movie cars. I especially like the paint changing colors and the hologram projection system.

But I'm getting a little bored with having a tricked out mission car in EVERY movie. I loved the BMW in TND, but the cars in GoldenEye and TWINE felt forced into the movie and were wasted. I say if you can't do it right, skip the car for one movie. Keep it special.

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 14 August 2001 - 11:27 PM

I'm sure at some stage we'll see the return of the Aston Martin. Whether or not it's in Bond 20 I can't say.

But one thing I could. If Aston Martin do snap up the contract for the next film, we'll be unlikely to see the DB5. And if we do, it will be just a snippet as it was in Tomorrow Never Dies. Why?

Because Ford (who own Aston) will pay a huge amount to promote their cars. And the best cars to promote are the ones they still make, that way people will atleast buy them. So look for the new DB7 and spin-offs from that!