This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Roger Moore 007 Special Edition DVD(s):Whats your Review of the Extras?

10 replies to this topic

#1 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 03:39 AM

I have to say I LOVE the Special Edition DVD's .. I only have a few and seen a couple from the library..

I would say the WORST Commentray Track was BY FAR: Moonraker!!! Hearing those 3 old guys in the same room ALL talking at once.. then NOT talking (all together)... then they ALL try to talk at once again!!:mad: I swear I wanted to throw the remote..at the wall 35 minutes in!

wow was that bad!

Ok out of the Roger Moore DVD's I have seen.. The Commentaies in no order:

Moonraker: The worst comentary

Octopussy: I wish they had more on the commentary they John Glen.. it was very good, but would be nice to hear more of the actors too.

TMWTGG: I liked it! nice and detailed,very relaxing

TSWLM: Same feel very good!!

AVTAK: very good.. nothing special.. but nice!

* I love the extras on DVD's and Bond Films are the best!! I really enjoy the second featurettes on each disk!

~ I just wish they would have Roger do commentary on each movie! It is great he showed up and talked a little about each one.. BUT how amazing would it be to hear Roger with the Director and just enjoying going down memory lane on each film :)

In Octopussy that was sooooo sick when they showed us the footage of the stuntman crushing his hip on a cement pole..when he was hanging on the outside of the train :)

~ So everyone Tell us what was your favorite Roger DVD! What is the best featurette(s) & Commentary..

Be Honest isn't Moonraker's Commentary aweful :)

** To ANYONE who saw the For Your Eyes Only: Special Edition DVD.. can you tell me because I have not seen it.. how was the commentary? how was the featurette on the Movie & what was the second one???

#2 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 06:22 AM

for your eyes only only has one documentary, but two commentary tracks. its been a few years since i listened to them, but i remember the first one with just actors was quite a good listen, but i dont remember much about the second. to be honest, with nearly 18 of those types of commentarys they all start to blend into each other.

#3 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 12:01 PM

Originally posted by brendan007
for your eyes only only has one documentary, but two commentary tracks. its been a few years since i listened to them, but i remember the first one with just actors was quite a good listen, but i dont remember much about the second. to be honest, with nearly 18 of those types of commentarys they all start to blend into each other.

"For Your Eyes Only" was in the first collectors box set when they were just starting out with the special edition DVDs. The second documentaries on "Goldfinger" and "Thunderball" (which were both also in the first box set) had already been released on video. It wasn't until the second box set that they introduced a second all-new documentary on some aspect of the 007 series.
I prefer screen specific audio commentaries when the participants are all in a room together watching the movie. In my opinion "Moonraker" is one of the best commentaries. I also liked the Tom Manckiewicz (sp?) audio commentary on "Live and Let Die" and "The Spy Who Loved Me" (but why was there that 12/13 minute break.

#4 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 05:46 PM

I was watching TMWTGG last night.. and its commentary.. and it was very good!! I love when they mix in the crew and their little stories and thoughts as well..

surprising they kinda half azz the Octopussy dvd? als WHY on the Octopuss DVD when you turn it off.. Diamonds are forever pops up?? It's the only one that doesn't have the actual movie..you bought.. ??

#5 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 08:19 PM

Originally posted by 4 Ur Eyez Only
als WHY on the Octopuss DVD when you turn it off.. Diamonds are forever pops up?? It's the only one that doesn't have the actual movie..you bought.. ??

Yes I noticed that as well -- very strange.

#6 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 02:22 AM

I have only one FYEO commentary...it had someone commenting, and then bringing the other actors...they did a nice tribute to Cassandra Harris. That's all I remember.

I also remember that commentary that I listened to on FYEO I did not like too much because it was not scene specific.

-- Xenobia

#7 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 02:39 AM

Originally posted by Xenobia
I have only one FYEO commentary...it had someone commenting, and then bringing the other actors...they did a nice tribute to Cassandra Harris.  That's all I remember.

I also remember that commentary that I listened to on FYEO I did not like too much because it was not scene specific.

-- Xenobia

Yes, I much prefer the screen specific commentaries. There are two commentaries on the FYEO DVD. They are both introduced by the same person (John Cork I believe). :)

#8 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 04:40 AM

so is one of the commentaries a movie crew/director.. & the other a actor commentary?

#9 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 05 May 2003 - 03:34 AM

Originally posted by 4 Ur Eyez Only
so is one of the commentaries a movie crew/director.. & the other a actor commentary?

One of the commentaries has John Glen and the actors, the other commentary has Michael G. Wilson and the crew. Both commentaries are NOT screen specific and the participants were obviously interviewed at different times and places. In fact some of the audio is repeated in the "Inside For Your Eyes Only" documetary.

#10 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 05 May 2003 - 03:59 AM

damn I can NOT wait to see this special edition dvd!!

does anyone know when the second banch of 007 dvd's are coming out? I heard ones in may 03

does anyone have any updates?

:)

#11 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 12:07 AM

They are to be released at yearly intervals. Also once the second set comes out the first set will be removed from the shelves.

So glad I got my sets back in 1999 and 2000. I remember anxiously waiting the days before counting down until when I could get the next collectors set.