6 replies to this topic

#1 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 12 August 2001 - 05:44 PM

The German actor Ben Becker (36) wants to play the final Bond villain. In an interview with the German magazine "Bunte" he said:

"I want to play the villain in a James Bond movie when I've reached the age of 45. It's a tradition, that German actors play Bond baddies. And I want do this, too - in the last James Bond movie. And this time the villain - me - will win."

So what about that? I don't know if anyone knows Ben Becker. He played in the German production "Comedian Harmonists".

Posted Image
Ben Becker

Regards,
Tim Roth
--> [email protected]
http://www.jamesbond007-online.de

#2 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 13 August 2001 - 07:38 AM

Better off with Boris Becker

#3 General Orlov

General Orlov

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 August 2001 - 10:26 PM

I never thought of Ben Becker as a Bond-villain. But actually it seems like a good idea to me. He certainly has the potential to do it. He is a really good actor, I have seen him in a few movies.

I haven't read the interview, but to me it sounds like a typical statement for him, that he wants to be the ultimate Bond-villain. He's a bit crazy, I think...

So, maybe he won't be the last Bond-villain, maybe he won't be a Bond-vilain at all, but if he were, I believe he would be very good!

#4 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 13 August 2001 - 07:04 PM

Becker [Ben, that is, not Boris] looks right for a Bond villain, and I'd like to see less well known international talent in key Bond roles [like Gert Frobe or the fellow who played Ourumov], rather than more familiar faces like Jonathan Pryce [good though he was].
But Becker is unlikely to be cast if he's trying to promote the idea in interviews.

#5 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 13 August 2001 - 11:59 AM

Oops... I thought that I posted this post in the "Bond 201 and Beyond" forum... It's my mistake.

Boris Becker? Please not... not our 5-second-Boris (Yes, In a German Talkshow he said, that Angela Ermakowa was a 5-second-affair...)

Regards,
Tim

P.S. @ Blue Eyes: Didn't you get my mails?

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 12 August 2001 - 10:27 PM

I doubt he'll get the role, by now I'm sure EON will know who they're after! He's very confused, this isnt' the last Bond film. Or am I reading that in the wrong context?

#7 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 August 2001 - 01:52 PM

White Persian (13 Aug, 2001 08:04 p.m.):
Becker [Ben, that is, not Boris] looks right for a Bond villain, and I'd like to see less well known international talent in key Bond roles [like Gert Frobe or the fellow who played Ourumov], rather than more familiar faces like Jonathan Pryce [good though he was].
But Becker is unlikely to be cast if he's trying to promote the idea in interviews.

I agree...the three best Bond villains, Dr No...Klebb & Goldfinger were unknown actors. Even a Czech actor, Jan Werich was originally slated to appear as Blofeld in YOLT. I wish we got to see his version. I believe hiring name actors as Bond villains hasn't worked very well over the years.