4 replies to this topic

#1 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 12 August 2001 - 11:38 AM

I don't like the title FINAL ASSIGNMENT...why ?...because I can't help thinking of this:

"POLICE ACADEMY # ?: FINAL ASSIGNMENT".....!!!!!!

Just in case some of the script ends up in the final Bond 20 shooting script, how about these Bond novel chapter and book titles as an alternative ?:

THE MOGULS OF DEATH (FRWL)
THE WIZARD OF ICE (FRWL)
ENEMY OF MANKIND (YOLT)
....There's a passage in the script where 007 asks the villain, Saten, what happened to his father's body, Saten replies: "I'll show you"...sounds intriguing, so how about....
THE DEATH COLLECTOR (YOLT)
DESTROY TO LIVE (MR novelisation)
ICEBREAKER
COLD (this could be Gardner's best title)
ANTI FREEZE (COLD novel).

#2 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 12 August 2001 - 12:17 PM

I like the idea of 'The Death Collector' as a film title since I first read YOLT. I think now that the Fleming book titles are all used, chapter titles is definatly a good way to go, there really are some gems in there.

Gardner had some good titles too, Icebreaker like mentioned, but also 'Nobody Lives Forever', 'Win Lose or Die' and 'Death is Forever' amoung others.

#3 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 14 August 2001 - 08:38 AM

licence_to_ill (12 Aug, 2001 06:39 p.m.):
Albert R. Broccolli's EON productions present Pierce Brosnan as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007 in
"REMEMBER TO DIE"

In print, the whole package doesn't look too bad.

#4 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 14 August 2001 - 08:44 AM

freemo (12 Aug, 2001 01:17 p.m.):
I like the idea of 'The Death Collector' as a film title since I first read YOLT. I think now that the Fleming book titles are all used, chapter titles is definatly a good way to go, there really are some gems in there.

I second your motion. THE DEATH COLLECTOR has fascinated me for years. This title more than anything else describes the YOLT novel perfectly...perhaps Fleming considered it as an alternative to YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE ?.

#5 licence_to_ill

licence_to_ill

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 August 2001 - 05:39 PM

Albert R. Broccolli's EON productions present Pierce Brosnan as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007 in
"REMEMBER TO DIE"