This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Bush IS Bond in "The World Has Had Enough".

14 replies to this topic

#1 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 05:24 PM

A "fellow Double-O" shot this to me and I just had to put it up. Check it out.

#2 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 05:30 PM

Oh, very good.

Unfortunately for Dubya, it's beginning to look like the guy the world's had enough of is him.

#3 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 07:07 PM

Huh. That reminds me of something.:) Only joking.

#4 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 09:08 PM

god bless george bush, more power to him, he is my president, i love him, and support him 100% and we are going into iraq, and we are going kick *** and take names and rid the world of one nasty evil person, so i would say to saddam, saddam u picked the wrong cowboy to mess with, W dont play your kind of games

#5 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 10:54 PM

Originally posted by BONDFINESSE 007
god bless george bush, more power to him, he is my president, i love him, and support him 100% and we are going into iraq, and  we are going kick *** and take names and rid the world of one nasty evil person, so i would say to saddam, saddam u picked the wrong cowboy to mess with, W dont play your kind of games

I totally agree with you.

#6 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 01:37 AM

I always knew Condy Rice would make a great Bond girl! She's got the talent for it.

Great poster Bryce! Thanks for sharing.

It is amusing, but I really don't want sully the image of Bond by connecting him with Shrub. :)

Well, when last I heard it's looking like Tony Blair may have no choice to leave the coalition, or Bush may dump him himself. Either way, it is looking like America is going into this war alone. God help us all.

-- Xenobia

#7 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 08:51 AM

Originally posted by Xenobia
I always knew Condy Rice would make a great Bond girl!  She's got the talent for it.

Great poster Bryce!  Thanks for sharing.

It is amusing, but I really don't want sully the image of Bond by connecting him with Shrub.  :)

Well, when last I heard it's looking like Tony Blair may have no choice to leave the coalition, or Bush may dump him himself.  Either way, it is looking like America is going into this war alone.  God help us all.

-- Xenobia

thats ok, we can do it all by ourselfs, and if the cowards want to sit back and do nothing thats them, we dont need em, if your not with us then you are against us, these weak kneed, limp wristed countries who wont stand up to the bully of iraq need to go and hide in shame. but saddam will go down, and president bush will see to that and then all the cowards will come out and say yeah, look what we did.........what "we" did?, yeah right, to them i say go back to that rock you were hiding under and eat some more marshmallows

#8 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 10:33 AM

that image is good, but it's gonna give me nightmares....ugh, Rice as a Bond girl? no thanks........

#9 Dr Niles Crane

Dr Niles Crane

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 464 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 10:34 AM

Exactly MR BOND FINESSE

What do France, Turkey and Germany know about war anyway?

#10 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 11:26 AM

Well, when last I heard it's looking like Tony Blair may have no choice to leave the coalition, or Bush may dump him himself.  Either way, it is looking like America is going into this war alone.  

Where do you get this information from, Xenobia?

There is virtually no chance that Britain will refuse to fight alongside America. Blair will not back down, and he'll continue to stand shoulder to shoulder with Bush if it kills him (or, more likely, costs him the next election). Blair has made it quite clear that he is prepared to go to war even without a second United Nations resolution, and the general view in the UK is that our troops will be fighting the Iraqis within days.

And why on earth would Bush "dump him himself"? Why would he drop the close ally who has worked so hard to support him, and who even now backs him all the way? I mean, I know Bush isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, but such an action would be too stupid even for him!

And BONDFINESSE 007, please go easy on the jingoism. Remember that not all the innocent people who died on 9/11 were American. Britain, which has a long history of having to deal with terrorism, lost more of its people in the attack on the WTC than in any other terrorist incident.

#11 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 07:27 PM

At this stage, we have to go to war. We've gone too close to the brink. The troops are there, lined up, ready to go. Too many words have been said, too many threats. If this isn't settled once and for all now, it's going to still bite us in the butt down the road like this has from the unfinished business of the first Gulf War, which is remarkably similar to the way the second World War started due to the unfinished business of the first World War.
I don't like war any more than the next sane person. To admit to liking war is a kin to admitting you like to pluck the necks of chickens. However, the way things have gone and what has been done and said, I don't think war can be avoided.

BTW, the poster was actually kind of weird. Is this what the people who created photoshop had in mind when they invented it?

#12 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 08:28 PM

Great....I've turned CBn into the UN.....

I put this up strictly out of humor...No political agenda, no pro-war, no anti-war, no pro-Bush, no anti-Bush.

I'm not going to list my views on world events here....I'd rather find an old DB5 to restore or purchase restored...preferably for under six figures.

*Bryce begins scrolling through "Today's Posts"*

#13 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 10:34 PM

Well, I don't want my above post to be seen as pro- or anti-war, or pro- or anti-Bush or Blair (I don't come here to have political arguments, not least because I don't see my political views as more valid than anyone else's, and I also tend to feel that one ought to keep one's politics to oneself unless one is among friends or family), but - without wishing to come across as trying to lecture people on current affairs - I did want to query suggestions that Britain may no longer be prepared to fight alongside America and that Bush may be ready to abandon his partnership with Blair. Such scenarios seem virtually inconceivable, at least from this side of the pond. There is no way that Britain will back out of joining America to fight the coming war.

#14 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 10:39 PM

Just for the record Loomis, when I said Blair might have to back down, I was making reference to the fact that a good portion of his cabinet is threatening to resign if he goes ahead with the war plans. My thinking on Blair is more in alignment with yours. That's all. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

And yes, I think we better keep the politics out of it, and just concentrate on the very lovely artwork.

-- Xenobia

#15 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 11:26 PM

I think we better keep the politics out of it, and just concentrate on the very lovely artwork.

Well, there'd already been a handful of posts on this thread containing much political comment before I added my two posts preceding this one, so I didn't go off topic. And since I didn't attack other members, no harm has been done.

And I agree, CBn isn't the place for politics (well, not this particular forum, anyway). Then again, you can't expect a poster of Bush as Bond to pass with comment on nothing but the artwork given the crisis that is unfolding, now can you?

Anyway, no more "heavy issues". Great artwork.:)