Goldeneye on Gamecube?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Blofeld

Blofeld

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 11:37 PM

With Nintendo currently running a promotion regarding the release of Zelda on Gamecube, (in which one pre-orders it and receives the N64 version transferred to Gamecube), it makes me wonder if they would do that for Goldeneye in conjunction with the release of a future 007 game. Wishful thinking I realize, but the possibility of retiring my N64 version for a "souped up" cube version is exciting. If not, I'll settle for a newly transferred version of PERFECT DARK if/when another comes out, down the road. Anyone else share my dream of this happening?

#2 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 11:47 PM

It will never happen, but I too share the dream. A "souped up" version of GoldenEye for Gamecube would be absolutely awesome. Keep the same style and the same single player game, but slightly improve the grahpics (which are pretty good anyway) and the intro parts. Multiplayer is where I'd make most of the changes. GE was the ultimate mulitplayer game, but now they could add way more scenerios, options, characters and arenas. Like I said, not likely to happen, but one can dream.

#3 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 03:27 AM

Really fine idea, I just don't think it will happen unfortunately. If it does that will definately give me a good reason to own a gamecube.

Rich

#4 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 06:58 AM

won't happen because of the state of RARE and the fact they don't work for Nintendo anymore and don't have the Bond rights......though I would so love it to happen...

#5 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 09:41 AM

If they re-release GE, why waste such a good game on the Gamecube? Bring it over to the Xbox! :)

JK, though it would be awesome. Hey, a thought. What if they totally recreated the game like they did for Resident Evil? Now THAT would be wicked.

#6 superracer0022

superracer0022

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 06:05 PM

doesnt rare make the donkey kong games? who is going to make them now?

#7 Brix Bond

Brix Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1503 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 07:43 PM

If you look in the General Discussions section of the Games forum I think you will find there is a thread informing you of a rumour that there MIGHT be a remake of GoldenEye.

The remake would only be good if the took the graphics to the level of Nightfire or Time Splitters and they would have to alter the levels somewhat, moving objects and objectives around. Oh, and that tank chase really needs to be seen to by the people from Need For Speed! Yeh, a lot would need to be done.

#8 gkgyver

gkgyver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 01:49 AM

doesnt rare make the donkey kong games? who is going to make them now?

Actually, Nintendo kept the rights for Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and StarFox. Rare brought Joanna Dark, Banjo & Kazooie and Conker to Microsoft. :)