Die Another Day Video Game

10 replies to this topic

#1 bond jamesh bon

bond jamesh bon

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 05:08 AM

Hey here's a question: has anyone out there heard of any news of EA making a video game for Die Another Day, It seems like there are a lot of possible mission ideas and great stuff they could use for it. Also the movie games are the best, i mean compare TWINE or GE (even though that was made by rare) to the "original" games that basically just copy moments of a bunch of the movies. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#2 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 05:45 AM

I'd really love to see this, even 2 years from now (remember, the best Bond game of all time came 2 years after the movie), than some stupid plot dreamed up by EA/Eurocom/whoever. When there's 17 films left to make into a game, I think they should do a few of those before making any more horrible original plots if possible.

#3 bond jamesh bon

bond jamesh bon

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 12:50 AM

It would also be cool if they could do some of the older movies as games, i think LTK and TLD have a lot of potential for games although LTK is already one and i think LTD also is.

#4 0010

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 01:01 AM

Yeah I was thinking of this the other day too. My guess is that they probably have started on it and will either announce or show an early version of it at E3 in May. I wouldn't mind waiting until late 04 if we get something that measures up to GE but I doubt EA will put that much effort into it.

#5 bond jamesh bon

bond jamesh bon

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 03:59 AM

k well im waiting for any other responses you guys might have

#6 Melancholy Productions

Melancholy Productions

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 01:45 AM

I too have been thinking about this since DAD has been at the movies, and I think it would make an excellent game.

The first level may have you surfing in to the beach, along with fellow chinese agents, disabling the alarm system, planting a GPS tracker...well, you get the idea. I think it should be faithful to the film entirely.

Driving levels - you have the hovercraft chase, ice dragster (how would this work? drive in a straight line off a cliff?), aston martin vs jaguar race (both inside the palace and out). Going down together in the helicopter - (could be done a'la GTA: Vice City, fairly easy to control the helicopter, with a bit of practice).

Fencing with Graves in the Blades Club would be interesting.

And finally, Graves vs. Bond in the Ananotov (sp?). Except you wouldn't have the standard, shoot villian 100 times. It would be hand to hand combat, you only have your fist, and Graves has his gauntlet of voltage. Finally, after beating Graves up as much as possible while you're being shocked, you press a button on your controller/keyboard to pull Graves' parachute ripcord.

God I hope EA make it soon.

Cheerio,
Chris.

#7 bond jamesh bon

bond jamesh bon

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 01:48 AM

definitely, it has great potential

#8 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 02:00 AM

I heard Nightfire was originally suposed to be based on You Only Live Twice but during the making of it, it turned into an origanal story instead of being based on the movie.

#9 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 08:19 AM

I think a DAD game would be pure magic, man I wish they would make it!!

#10 Dr Zhivago

Dr Zhivago

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 08:01 PM

Originally posted by Righty007
I heard Nightfire was originally suposed to be based on You Only Live Twice but during the making of it, it turned into an origanal story instead of being based on the movie.

Correct. In fact, if you hunt around the Phoenix building (console version), there's a monitor with the Osato logo on it...

#11 bond jamesh bon

bond jamesh bon

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 06:19 AM

man that would have been so awesome if it had been you only live twice instead of like a weird combination of a bunch of the films.