4 replies to this topic

#1 Thunderbird

Thunderbird

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 06:00 PM

I don't know if this is really in the right forum but as all the best people hang out here, here goes....

As some of you know I posted a message about a literary quiz on Radio 4 (a station in the UK, for those who don't know) having an Ian Fleming theme...and well, the programme got me thinking.

They had a bit at the end where the writers had to do a 'spoof' Fleming passage...in the style of the man...but with Bond finding himself in a place he would not normally be, such as Cleethorpes, Skegness, or Brean, or even Weston-Super-Mare. With the usual hilarious consquences.

It was pretty funny and got me thinking - we could have a fun sort of competition or similar here could we not?

Bond in different funny situations....What do y'all think?

#2 Thunderbird

Thunderbird

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 08:21 PM

OK, lead balloon...

#3 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 08:44 PM

We do have a spoof of Ian Fleming by writers of today . It call the Screenplays by Neal Purvis and Robert Wade. Sadly they make movies out of them.

#4 Roebuck

Roebuck

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1870 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 11:13 PM

I wish I still had the Bond spoof Willie Rushton wrote as part of a promotion for 100 Pipers Whiskey. It had 007 visiting the Highlands to find his Scottish roots, but instead foiling a plot to steel Ben Nevis. There's a lovely line where Bond kills a transvestite assassin then declares ''He wasn't half the woman his father was''.

#5 Thunderbird

Thunderbird

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 08:38 PM

I'd like to see that too!