This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Favorite Pierce Brosnan James Bond Film

667 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite Pierce Brosnan James Bond Film (728 member(s) have cast votes)

Favorite Pierce Brosnan James Bond Film

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#661 Sir Roger Moore

Sir Roger Moore

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:20 PM

1) Goldeneye

2) Tomorrow Never Dies

3) The World Is Not Enough

4) Die Another Day

Yep I rate Brosnan's films in the order they were made and I actually happen to enjoy TND almost as much as Goldeneye and am glad to see there is a couple of people on here who would agree with that. I thought Brosnan was a very good Bond personally and think that practically everyone involved and responsible for making his final film, DAD, let him down badly. Brosnan deserved to finally put down the Walther PPK in a much, much better film than that quite frankly.

#662 Stingers

Stingers

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:31 AM

I agree with Sir Roger.  Goldeneye was my favorite, Brosnan had the most grit here.  The hand to hand with Trevelyan near the very end of the movie is the only time I could really  believe that Brosnan was beating the S*** out of someone.  He was colder, he had an edge yet he pulled off the lighter scenes (Q, Natalya) graciously. 

TND was pretty entertaining, it's nearly as good as Goldeneye, but the writing began to soften this Bond up a bit.  Sure, he killed Kaufman, Carver, but I didn't feel any underlying ruthlessness in most of the other scenes.

TWINE started to show Brosnan's take on the role was fading out among all the other necessary elements - shaken not stirred, puns, "Q", "R", gadgets ( I do wish I had a pair of those specs), and more puns.  Good movie, felt a bit generic, but Brosnan gave it with enthusiasm, and I appreciate that.

DAD :Brosnan faded out completely, puns, a f*cking invisible car, Halle Berry sucked, I don't wish to go on.  BUT - Brosnan was enthusiastic, again appreciated.

I'm happy to read all of those who recognize Brosnan's energy in the films.  He did the best with the hand he was dealt.   Is it fair to say that Brosnan is not my favorite Bond NOT because of his portrayal, but because of the Bond movies he starred in?

#663 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:28 PM

I'm happy to read all of those who recognize Brosnan's energy in the films.  He did the best with the hand he was dealt.   Is it fair to say that Brosnan is not my favorite Bond NOT because of his portrayal, but because of the Bond movies he starred in?

Yes it is definitely fair. I like how he portrayed Bond. He was one of the first celebrity crushes I have ever had. He was so suave and attractive and charming! He really represented who I thought James Bond was. I actually do enjoy his movies a lot though. I thought TND was really entertaining but definitely not one of my favorite Bond movies. 

#664 Surrie

Surrie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:48 PM

I went with Goldeneye. This was the first Bond film I'd ever seen (I was 5 at the time) and it had me hooked since then. Excellent movie to re-boot the series, and I'm sure this would have been a factor in asking Martin Campbell to direct CR for the later reboot. 

#665 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:57 PM

For me it was TND until DAD came out.

That's right, I rank DAD first, then TND, then GE. TWINE is only last because something has to be.

I have my boxes, and the even-numbered Brosnans ticked them better than the odd - sort of like Star Trek...

#666 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:13 AM

I never quite grasped the love GoldenEye gets on this site.  First Bond for many, intro to Broz, fun and all--but it has a lot of problems.  It's just the other Broz Bonds have more.  TND and DAD both have great first halves, then both fall apart around the time his car shows up.  TWINE was ambitious but the producers couldn't quite commit to change wholeheartedly--trying to have both worlds and eat it too, if you know what I mean.  The seeds of Skyfall are planted in this film.  Still, it's a noble mess.

Tomorrow Never Dies is probably my favorite, but I found it to be a cold, heartlessly violent film my last viewing.  I might feel differently if David Arnold scored GoldenEye.

#667 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:59 PM

Tomorrow Never Dies, Goldeneye, Die Another Day, The World is not Enough. That's my ranking. Brosnan's Bond was a blend of Connery and Moore - leaning towards the Moore elements, so I liked the modern TSWLM feel that TND had. I think it's the better representation of Brosnan's portrayal, whereas GE has the ghost of Dalton still lingering. Good action, good casting, good soundtrack and good fun.

#668 MISALA1994

MISALA1994

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:35 PM

GE.