This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Who has been knighted? Where's my Oscar?

4 replies to this topic

#1 goldengun

goldengun

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 01:39 PM

Which of the Bonds have been knighted? I think Sean Connery is - no??
I know for sure Roger is definitely not. DO you think it's time he was?

Also, I notice that Bond films only win Oscars for special effects, but never for acting. None for the leading lady neither anyone for supporting actor/actress.

I think Sean Bean was a great supporting actor in GE, so was Louis Jordan in OP.

Your choices?

#2 Adam

Adam

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 335 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 12:22 AM

Originally posted by goldengun
Also, I notice that Bond films only win Oscars for special effects, but never for acting.  None for the leading lady neither anyone for supporting actor/actress.  

That's b/c no one takes Bond movies seriously...plus I really don't think anyone from these films has ever really deserved an acting Oscar nomination...well except Tonya Roberts of course...

#3 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 04:21 AM

...and Denise Richards.

#4 goldengun

goldengun

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 01:51 PM

...and Carey Lowell.

#5 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 03:19 PM

Originally posted by goldengun
Which of the Bonds have been knighted? I think Sean Connery is - no??
I know for sure Roger is definitely not. DO you think it's time he was?
Also, I notice that Bond films only win Oscars for special effects, but never for acting. None for the leading lady neither anyone for supporting actor/actress.
I think Sean Bean was a great supporting actor in GE, so was Louis Jordan in OP.

Sean Bean was a lightweight villian in "GoldenEye" . His performance was not to overshadow Brosnan . He gave a more in depth performance in "Patriot Games" and his TV show . Louis Jordan in "Octopussy" was the same . In fact he as with all good Bond villians has the best lines . Sir Sean Connery is a Knight of the realm . Roger Moore is a Commander of the British Empire . Since Connery Knighthood took so long . Partially his mouth and attitude , plus his Scottish Nationlism . Prevented this from happening early . Moore's day may or not come . It who be a shame since he his done wonderful work for UNCEF . Just look at his website, www.rogermoore.com .