7 replies to this topic

#1 goldengun

goldengun

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 01:07 PM

During the AVTAK filming, Ridley Scott was using the Pinewood studio to film his movie "Legend".

Well Ridley burned down the studio and they rebuilt it for AVTAK.

Question - does anyone know if Ridley ever faced any consequences for this? Did Cubby go over and rip him apart?

They rebuilt it and certainly it was great to name it after Cubby.

#2 Red Grant

Red Grant

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 376 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 05:03 PM

It was only the '007 Stage' that was burned down not the entire studios and it was an accident. I don't think Ridley Scott did it on purpose :) and as such couldn't be held directly responsible for the unfortunate event.

#3 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 05:10 PM

No, Ridley didn't have to pay. The heaviest part of any film's production budget is insurance. Hence, that, coupled with Eon's own insurance covered the cost.

The AVTAK SE-DVD has the full details on the "Inside AVTAK" doc. As I recall it was an electrical fire. Then again, maybe it explains why the neither of the Scott brothers have directed a Bond yet;)

Credit to the Bond crew and Peter Lamont. The lot was cleared and the new stage up in less than five months and a month after that, Zorin's mine set was being destroyed and flooded with Rog and Grace trudging through it.

#4 boeserzwilling

boeserzwilling

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 09:52 PM

"Boys with toys..."

#5 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 08:01 PM

In addition to the coverage on the SE-DVD of "A View to a Kill"....There is also extensive coverage in the really excellent documentary on the Ultimate DVD Edition of "Legend"...Now we as Bond fans need to campaign to have Bond movies getting that kind of coverage on DVD.

#6 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 08:45 PM

Originally posted by DLibrasnow
In addition to the coverage on the SE-DVD of "A View to a Kill"....There is also extensive coverage in the really excellent documentary on the Ultimate DVD Edition of "Legend"...Now we as Bond fans need to campaign to have Bond movies getting that kind of coverage on DVD.

I couldn't agree more. I like what they've done, but it seems like they just scratch the surface. It seems like they really gloss over some things and drag others out when there is the chance for so much more.

#7 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 01:44 PM

Hopefully, with a two disc set for DAD will we actually get a decent long documentary on the "Die Another Day" DVD. Hopefully they will avoid all the EPK stuff that they put on the truly disappointing TWINE DVD.

#8 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 05:37 AM

the fire is why I give this movie a pass.. and dont blame that it is uneven

it is the worst moore one.. but still , I blame the fire more then anything, all his other are great! interesting!!