This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

OPENING SEQUENCE REVEALED! Bond20.COM BEG 4 FORGIVENESS!!

22 replies to this topic

#1 Diamond

Diamond

Cadet

• Crew
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 August 2001 - 10:23 AM

Hi guys - Diamond here.

Seen the latest on Bond20.com??

I have and it made 4 some interesting reading!! They have pleaded forgiveness & taken off their insults about our great site, apologised to us - but they also have revealed what they say is the opening sequence for Bond 20!

The link is : http://bond20.the007...info&NumInfo=32

& the sequence link is : http://bond20.the007...nfo/script2.doc

I've spent the last few days speaking to various people here in L.A. ....... about the rumours that have been flooding our forums & various other websites. Harry Knowles has heard about this script Final Assignment & so has Garth at Dark Horizons. It's gone from France - to here - to OZ.

I was keeping a few things that I know about Bond 20 quiet. Things close to those I know that are heavily involved in the franchise.

However, it seems Bond20.Com do have a reliable source as the plot about the internet Bill Gates type character is something that I knew about two months ago. Except I knew this character to be French. Pehaps this is a clue as Bond20.com is a french site - ...... but anyway

I have read the opening sequence they have posted and it's action and excitement levels are on top form for a Bond movie. It is very professional writing. Parts of what we have seen so far still need a lot of work which would explain why perhaps Purvis & Wade's work on TWINE was enhanced by Apted's wife Dana Stevens and TND's Bruce Fierstein. Perhaps this internet plot has been added by Ben Willcock of Sonic Adventure fame. IMDB seem to think so. Or perhaps there is a writer/s we don't know about yet.

The internet mixed with Bond's past makes for an interesting plot.

I noticed the writers connection to the japanese villian being played by Jet Li.
He would make a good villian but they need to change his name. SHOKA - come on now P&W!!!

However, if this whole plot is on the level I think it explains just one thing :

The producers Barbara Brocolli & Michael G. Wilson know how important it is to give fans a 40th anniversary movie that we will remember in years to come. As it is the 20th official film and possibly Brosnan's last - I think they are going out on a limb and giving us a film for the fans. This is the only explination. As a mark of respect perhaps they are going with a story that would give us the future ( ie. the internet ) with Bond's past ( his family and origins of the 00 agents )

Thoughts please???? ( ZENCAT - MY INITIALS ARE SM - ARE YOU WHO I THINK YOU ARE ?? E MAIL ME )

Diamonds are......

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 08 August 2001 - 06:35 PM

Whoops, sorry. Having trouble w/ server speed today. Post is below.

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 08 August 2001 - 06:40 PM

This is a little nit picky...but we keep calling this thing a "treatment" when in fact it's a full "screenplay." Treatments are generally 10 to 40 pages and describe the story without dialogue or fully developed scenes. Screenplays are generally 90 to 120 pages and lay out the movie with all the dialogue, slug lines (Int. Stateroom - Night) and fully fleshed out scenes.

Like I said...a bit nit picky, but most movies exist in treatment form AND screenplay form so I think it's good to ID which one we're talking about.

Sorry if I sound like a know-it-all. Feel free to shoot a spit-wad at me across the classroom.

#4 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 06 August 2001 - 10:12 PM

This was on Dark Horizons today (8/6/01)

"Bond 20: More details on that "Final Assignment" script is up at The007.TV though unofficial word from MGM indicates that the script is NOT being used."

So why would this be "unofficial"? Why not an official denial? Maybe this was indeed a draft of Bond 20 that was commissioned by Eon then rejected. Maybe in a fit of depression the writer decided to leak it to the net. This doesn

#5 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 07 August 2001 - 09:19 PM

Waaay too much dialogue
Agree that it doesn't run to form that the script identifies the writer's ideas of who might be cast.
Unexplained quite why Bond and M and R/Q/Bernard, whatever and Moneypenny are all together. What is this, some form of bizarre menage or something?
Seems to want to tell the actors their jobs as to the emotions to convey. The writer might be very disappointed.

#6 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 07 August 2001 - 09:22 PM

zencat (07 Aug, 2001 12:29 a.m.):
This was on Dark Horizons today (8/6/01)

"Bond 20: More details on that "Final Assignment" script is up at The007.TV though unofficial word from MGM indicates that the script is NOT being used."

Thanks to our ex-insider, we now know that this "script" is infact the treatment for the first version of the screenplay. That explains why EON will not be using it (as it is being rewritten into the first draft script), and why they are not officially rubbishing it - as many/some of the features are likely to remain.

Don't you just wish you worked for EON's PR?

=
J

#7 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 08 August 2001 - 11:38 PM

Thanks for the distinction there Zencat. Nope I'm not going to spit at ya ;p I've been trying to figure it all our myself as a matter of fact!

One thing that confuses me is why is everyone in St Lucia on a boat and Bond's off on a mission? Would MI6 really send everyone on a boat for M's 60th?

Then of course there's the beginning where the script tells us that Brossie and Cleese are in it and Samantha Bond. Why would a script include some info?

I'm just trying to sift through this all and make head or tails of it!

#8 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 14 August 2001 - 10:54 PM

I've been trying to figure out how many flash backs we'd ever had and I can only come up with a very small one in Moonraker. Bond recalls Q's briefing in M's office and then uses the dart wrist gun thing.

#9 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 15 August 2001 - 07:42 PM

So what happened to the FINAL ASSIGNMENT story? Even Bond20.com has gone mysteriously quiet on the subject. I did notice that 007Heaven has suddenly "discovered" the script and are as confident in it being genuine as were Bond20.com.

In poker they say look around the table... If you can't spot "the sucker", that means the sucker is you.

#10 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 15 August 2001 - 11:40 PM

CommanderBond.Net is still investigating. Could you send me the address for 007heaven cause I don't think I've ever been there, I'd like to see what they're saying.

#11 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 06 August 2001 - 09:30 PM

Diamond (03 Aug, 2001 11:23 a.m.):
Hi guys - Diamond here. Seen the latest on Bond20.com??
( ZENCAT - MY INITIALS ARE SM - ARE YOU WHO I THINK YOU ARE ?? E MAIL ME )

Awesome stuff Diamond! (My name is John Cox, by the way.)

I only read the first few pages (I'm spoiler sensitive) and two things struck me that STILL make me think this is a fan script. First, I've never seen a screenwriter put the actors

#12 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 16 August 2001 - 12:06 AM

Blue Eyes (16 Aug, 2001 12:40 a.m.):
CommanderBond.Net is still investigating. Could you send me the address for 007heaven cause I don't think I've ever been there, I'd like to see what they're saying.

The address is http://www.bond.00go.com/ It's a pretty good site.

#13 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 16 August 2001 - 07:09 AM

Thanks for the link. They don't really reveal anything new do they, it's mostly a rehash. Here's some ideas I wanted to throw in.

The script says the following:

Final Assignment

#14 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 16 August 2001 - 04:04 PM

[quote]Blue Eyes (16 Aug, 2001 08:09 a.m.):
Final Assignment

#15 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 17 August 2001 - 12:29 AM

[quote]zencat (16 Aug, 2001 05:04 p.m.):
Why would it be copyrighted to United Artists? They don't distribute Bond anymore, and why would the screenplay fall into the copyright of an ex-distributor and not say, EON?
[/quote]

I wondered the same thing about UA. Why would it say UA and not MGM?

But in regards to Danjaq...

Danjaq is the name of the actual company that owns Bond. Broccoli/Saltzman formed Danjaq back in the day. I believe it's Swiss (probably for tax reasons), and legend has it they came up with the name by combining their wives names; Dana and Jacqueline. Eon is the name of the production company that makes Bond (they also used Warfield for a time), but if you go to MGM the name on the door is Danjaq.[/quote]

You see personally I think that's the key, the little thing that proves the information is false. The author has been very very careful in setting up particular information. They've put in particular information to make sure that information can't be returned to them, but I think they've overstepped the mark by including too much information.

Danjaq Uk/EON/MGM/UA

And another thing I have to ask. That above is the direct information on the script about the 'Company', according to Microsoft Word.

Now, full information is included for Danjaq. However, EON surely would say EON Productions in that case? And then of course there's that damned UA. As far as I know the only thing that UA now holds the rights to (and even these may have been passed on with the distribution rights) is to the 007 Gun Logo! Which needless to say features nowhere in the script.

Also on the inclusion of

Final Assignment

#16 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 06 August 2001 - 08:45 PM

Yeah; surely "Q" is short for Quartermaster. "R" isn't really short for anything. Surely the line in TWINE was meant to be (gulp) a "joke" (if not a very good one)?

#17 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 14 August 2001 - 10:16 AM

I'm comforted by the fact that this is only a pre first draft. If this was going to be turned into a film sraight away I'd would be promted to rip off my limbs and throw them at the cinema screen. There are many ideas that are excellent and that you know they will keep (Bond and Moneypenny dancing and most of the character's names - which I think are some of the best to be created in the Brosnan era... Divine Rapture is a rumoured name for the film's femme fatale which is really cool). And another thing... doesn't anyone think that having "flashback" scenes isn't very Bondian. Personally I think that they are trying too hard to please fans... all we want is a good Bond film with a good plot, good action, characters with depth and a dollop of proper espionage tension... is it too much to ask!?

#18 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 17 August 2001 - 01:05 AM

[quote]Blue Eyes (17 Aug, 2001 01:29 a.m.):

Final Assignment

#19 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 06 August 2001 - 02:42 AM

I looks alright, but it refers to John Cleeses character as 'R', I thought they were making him Q. I'm questioning its authenticity, I'm just saying, thats all. :)

#20 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 20 August 2001 - 11:51 PM

So the script is fake?

What a disappointment (in some ways and not in others). Hope that the script we read had some of the elements in the actual Bond 20 script... but thank god that the dialogue in the actual script will be miles better than the fake script (hopefully!).

Oh well... haven't I made an idiot of myself telling all of my friends that Bond 20 will be about the guy who killed James's dad! My reputation as the local fountain of James Bond knowledge is in tatters due to some fan who gets his or her kicks from fooling other (proper) fans! Pah! Some people!

#21 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 08 August 2001 - 03:08 AM

I'm glad I'm not working for EON right now, unless it's fake! Then they'd be having a good old chuckle :)

#22 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 21 August 2001 - 02:00 AM

It's very very sad that there are people out there who get their kicks from such things.

#23 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 08 August 2001 - 01:21 PM

Whether it's a hoax or not I'm having a ball reading this treatment !. I think this pre-title sequence is okay. The motorbike :) wetbike is good (I've been thinking about this same idea myself, for some months now) and I love the dance sequence with Moneypenny...008 as a priest and his fight with 007 is good too. However, M's birthday party on a cruise ship sounds improbable...I can't see it happening...all the top brass on one ship sounds like a huge security risk. Also, the special contact lenses 007 wears, via which M can monitor the proceedings is NOT Bond. That sort of thing belongs to TRUE LIES or something like that.