16 replies to this topic

#1 goldengun

goldengun

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 07:43 PM

Question for you guys - when you first saw MR and the scene came where Roger is about to show M the secret LAB where he found DRAX's poison tubes - did you hate the fact that it backfired on Bond?

I remember seeing that scene where they come in with the masks, and there is Drax in a redesigned room - I felt like NOOOOO - we are suppose to share the laughs and action with BOND - not see him mess up at this time.

Your reaction?

#2 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 08:23 PM

I liked the scene. Quite frankly because it led to a great moment between Roger Moore's Bond and M immediately afterwards. You can really see that M cares about his agents in that scene (where he approves 007's trip to Brazil).

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 08:47 PM

Just the opposite! I thought this was a great scene. It showed that Bond is up against a very worthy opponent. Having Bond stumble in the middle of the film rasies the stakes. It

#4 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 08:51 PM

For once zencat and I are in agreement. It's a Kodak moment :)

#5 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 08:56 PM

Oh, we've agreed on other things, DLibrasnow, haven't we?

Haven't we?

:)

#6 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 09:18 PM

Yes....

#7 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 11:25 PM

[quote]Originally posted by zencat
Just the opposite! I thought this was a great scene. It showed that Bond is up against a very worthy opponent.  Having Bond stumble in the middle of the film rasies the stakes. It

#8 Jamie007

Jamie007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 January 2003 - 11:06 AM

A good scene. Loved the dialogue between Bond and M afterwoulds when Bond is talking about where he'd like to go on vacation.
Jim

#9 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 11 January 2003 - 04:08 PM

Keeps me coming back to look closely at the walls and wonder if its the same room. After seeing the DVD i can say it is.

Good scene but below par in such a fantastic movie. It's the biggest! It's the best! It's even better than the spy who loved me!

#10 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 12 January 2003 - 08:23 PM

I liked it a lot. But why doesn't Bond show Gray the phial to prove he's not an incompetent moron?

The scene even explains why the government only has a few people in their seats when you watch the parliament channel/show-thing--they're all off looking at poison gas labs.

#11 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 08:32 PM

Originally posted by General Koskov
The scene even explains why the government only has a few people in their seats when you watch the parliament channel/show-thing--they're all off looking at poison gas labs.

lol....Yes, that and at NASA headquarters in the US of A checking out 007 and Holly. Also who could forget Gray showing up on the naval vessel at the end of TSWLM.

#12 David Somerset

David Somerset

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 06:20 PM

I love those moments in the Moore films when things go wrong for Bond,ieTMWTGG when Scaramanga captures Goodnight and Bond gets a right bollicking from M, in AVTAK when Zorin has Tibbett killed then confronts Bond and calls him incompetent and of course the Moonraker lab scene. Great film enhancing moments!

#13 David Somerset

David Somerset

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 06:27 PM

Also, in LALD when Bond is captured in New Orleans courtesy of his table disappearing into the floor. that just slays me every time!!

#14 goldengun

goldengun

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 06:43 PM

Don't forget when Bond is taken by Mr. Big in New Orleans, he sits down in the chair and then says as he is sitting down "If I werre you, I would watch my step".

.........Then sits down and the clamps come donw on his arms in the chair.......

Yeah good one Bond!!!!

#15 David Somerset

David Somerset

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 06:46 PM

" Butterhook!!"

#16 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 30 January 2003 - 08:22 PM

Moonraker is really a good, decent movie...up until it becomes Buck Rogers. Was Gil Gerard not available?

#17 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 30 January 2003 - 08:32 PM

Yes, the scene when Bond is trapped in the g-force simulator is great, you really feel some tension and the feeling that 007 is in trouble. Unfortunately the movie goes way downhill from there and by the end of it all we are in slapstick territory.