This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

when does the next james bond v. game come out?

7 replies to this topic

#1 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 12:19 PM

does anyone know when the next james bond game will come out? i love nightfire but i hope we dont have to wait to long for the next game.

#2 level007

level007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 03:53 PM

My brother works in a 3D programs company which works with Electronic Arts, and they are working on an engine for the next bond game. He told me about that about six or eight month ago. So i am sure we should have another bond game in a year or so...

#3 matt007_3k

matt007_3k

Cadet

• Crew
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2003 - 09:15 AM

i hope its the Die Another Day game, the movie looks like it could really be a good game, just think, on a ice level in iceland where you battleing Zao in his Jaguar and your in you aston martin Vanqish, it would be fun getting a Bond Move for using the egector seat to upright you when you get turnrd over (like in the move). but this time i hope they use Piecre Bronsons voice.

#4 JackChase007

JackChase007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3446 posts

Posted 05 January 2003 - 07:53 PM

Well, either his voice, or a better actor - the guy who does the voice in NightFire is awful - he reminds me of Mephisto from South Park...

Anyway, I'd guess that it would be another year until the next Bond game comes out - Agent Under Fire was released in November of 2001, NightFire, November 2002, and hopefully the next game in November 2003. I would like to see a DAD videogame - it would be perfect. The only thing they need to work on is to make the game LONGER. I don't know about the rest of you, but I thought AUF and NF were a bit too short. And use the voice actor from either TWINE or 007 Racing - those guys at least sounded a bit like Brosnan (then again, unless you can get Brosnan to do it himself. And what happened to having John Cleese doing dialogue???).

#5 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 05 January 2003 - 08:07 PM

YEAH IF THEY ARE GOING TO USE PIERCE BROSNAN,S FACE THEY MIGHT AS WELL USE HIS VOICE AS WELL, GET THE MONEY,S WORTH

#6 JackChase007

JackChase007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3446 posts

Posted 05 January 2003 - 08:42 PM

And what happened with Cleese - they used his voice in both TWINE and 007 Racing. I thought it was a great touch to use him.

#7 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 05 January 2003 - 09:13 PM

Whenever it does, I hope the PC version is equal to the console version.

#8 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 02:23 PM

I'm not a big fan of games-of-films. Apart from GE64 they're nearly all pretty bad.

I say keep on with a series of original plots and titles. Perhaps even feature previous Bond's in a game?

I've got it!

What about using Dalton as the Bond in the games?! He could voice it and everything. It would be great!