End Title

3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Fisher

Mr Fisher

Cadet

• Crew
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 02:50 PM

Call me an anorak but at the end of OHMSS I prefer not to have the James Bond Theme. When I watch it I fade up a CD of Louis Armstrong instead and have "We have all the time in the world" over the end credits. I think it improves the film and sustains the mood.

Anybody else agree with me?

#2 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 02:55 PM

Yes and no.

WHATTITW is poignant song and would've been a satisfying conclusion, leaving audience members thinking.

However, the James Bond theme shows audiences that 007 lives on. People go to a James Bond film for a happy ending, and although the end of OHMSS clearly wasn't, the Bond theme reassures people that he is James Bond and to the sounds of Monty Norman's infamous theme, he will be back.

[dark]

#3 walther

walther

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 375 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 06:11 PM

I really found it cheesy. I thought that it really should have left with WHATTITW, even though we will still see the line "James Bond Will Return" at the end. It really just feels appropriate. I have a bad taste in my mouth when I hear this OTT version of the Bond theme.

#4 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 07:09 PM

Pity it's such a good version of the theme. And they used the old one for the battle at Piz Gloria.

My question is: does the entire 'We Have all the time in the World-James Bond theme' track (that's on the OHMSS soundtrack) play at the end of the film, or is it shorter? The track is 4 min 38 secs long, so I think it must be cut shorter.