2 replies to this topic

#1 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 06:51 AM

I haven't got NF yet, but I was pondering some of the problems with how AI reacts to damage, and how they take quite a lot of it.

I've found that PC games' files can be taken apart (is 'unrez'ed the word here?) and their contents include .txt files for amounts of damage from different ammo/AI reactions/weapons...and a whole lotta stuff. Anyway, my point is that we could fix some annoyances ourselves by fiddling with the settings.

And of course we should share our settings so that we can amalgamate ideas and get a good level of settings.

PS. Sorry if I'm misinterpreting people's comments, and this is the best game ever, but it seemed like there were some AI issues, so I thought I'd add my (uninformed) two cents.

#2 crazy_dog

crazy_dog

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 07:59 AM

Or, if we're lazy, we should get Gearbox to do an AI patch.

#3 Dolemite the Ma

Dolemite the Ma

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 04:59 PM

I was looking into this crazy_dog. Since this game uses many of the same mechanisms that Half-Life does I was looking for the same files and configs in this installation. From what I can see, it seems that all of the configurations are done behind the scenes (probably using a DLL now instead of *.cfg/*.txt files). I was toying with the idea of using file mon during an installation of this game to see what exactly is installed and where.

[CBn]-Dolemite