This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Problems with players using the Crouch Exploit in MP and how to fight back. (PC)

4 replies to this topic

#1 Dolemite the Ma

Dolemite the Ma

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 06:31 PM

I'm not sure if any of you have seen this, there is an exploit in all MP maps where a player crouches down and starts shooting the ground in your direction, the next thing you know all of your health is going down in exponential rates.

This is a really bad bug/exploit in MP and frustruates players who get killed by it (me included).

Yeah sure Dolemite, but how do I get them back/stop them from using the hack?

Well, one of the main problems is that servers are not monitored real well or else a server admin would ban or kick the player from the server.

What do you do?

Simple.

For the exploit to work you need to be on the ground. What you need to do is one or all of the following:

1) Get yourself a gun that does immense damage. I use either the assault rifle, rocket launcher (from a distance), the .50 cal Handgun, or (when I'm really cocky) stand on the cheaters head and use the dart gun on them (a single shot from a dart gun will kill them and you can make fun of them that a cheater got spanked by a dart gun).

2) Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump! And shoot them (with a weapon stated in #1) while you're jumping!!!

This is going to take some practice but if you're in the air, they can't get you.

3) Get up on on a Shelf or Stairs

Getting on these surfaces that aren't on the ground won't effect you. Camp on these surfaces and you will be able spank the cheater(s) time and time again.

4) Harass them.

I usually call out the cheaters and make fun of the fact of how lame they are and how they need to use a cheat to rack up gibs.

5) Everyone gang up on the cheater.

This is great on Deathmatch Maps. I've done this before in other games where every single player went after a hacker/cheater and spanked him until he finally left the server.

My word to all of you who rely on this exploit to rack up gibs is you better pray that I don't see you on any server. I will make it my misson to make you stop.

My word to everyone else that is tired of players that use this cheat is to fight to make sure that you can have a fun and fair game.

ADDITION/UPDATE 12/02/2002

You can now take screen shots of the cheating player and post/submit them to the server administrator.

http://forums.comman...=&threadid=6959

Dolemite

#2 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 06:41 PM

try insulting them in 1337!:)

#3 So Far

So Far

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 07:42 PM

Another issue is that for some reason peeps dont seem to understand the team concept at all...
They shoot at their teammates how actually do suffer from this (although weird enough not on all maps/games)

#4 shadowolf

shadowolf

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 06:22 AM

Oh god, and I thought I was sucking throughout the game. I've had that problem immensely...thought I was lagging bad or something. Hopefully there comes patch update to fix that later on.

#5 mkkbb

mkkbb

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 01:12 PM

Yeah, that's another good thing about Nightfire on the PC. Patches can fix any bugs or things people don't like.