Nightfire multi for pc

5 replies to this topic

#1 chewbaka

chewbaka

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 10:23 PM

Ok how exactly is the multiplayer nightfire? Does it have a bunch of characters? Does it have an in-game browser or do you use gamespy? Please i want to know!!! Thanks!!!!

#2 Dolemite the Ma

Dolemite the Ma

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 12:28 AM

Multiplayer Rocks!!1

There is an ingame server list (just like half-life) that will populate. I tried getting Ad Spy...er Game Spy to find this game but this product doesn't seem to be showong up. The same goes for the All Seeing Eye.

Dolemite

#3 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 09:43 AM

You get a bunch of named characters from the films - but they don't really look like who they're meant to be representing - eg, Pussy Galore.

#4 newest007

newest007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 11:32 AM

Yeah, the characters are named but their likenesses are terrible. I did jump in a game yesterday for a little capture-the-flag. It was like playing Half-Life with Bond theme music. You hate to buy a game identical to another but Half-Life is a great game and the Bond theme adds to the experience. I would have a enjoyed some of the versatility of the Half-Life add-ons though. One team must plant and detonate a bomb while another attempts to thwart them, etc. All in all I thought it was pretty cool.

#5 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 02:16 AM

Actually I thought a couple of the skins managed to capture the likeness pretty well. Xenia and Elektra looked great.

A pity they couldn't use the real skins though. I seem to remember something about Richard Kiel getting upset about his likeness being used in GoldenEye64 without him knowing.

#6 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 12:53 PM

ummmm....I didn't know there was music in multi. I don't hear any music.