This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

I don't think that a Jinx movie will happen...

4 replies to this topic

#1 B5Erik2

B5Erik2

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 412 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 08:53 AM

This whole topic struck me as total deja-vu when I first heard about it on TV.

Damn, a movie franchise, the female lead gets rave reviews for her character, and there is a pretty sizeable demand from the fans for a spin-off movie.

In the end, lots of talk, no movie - and it could have been a hit, too!

I'm talking about Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman from Batman Returns. She was AWESOME, and a Catwoman movie would likely have been a hit. Still, it never got made.

Jinx, Catwoman - nice ideas for spin-off movies, but in the end I just don't think it will happen.

#2 Nap

Nap

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 09:02 PM

I think it will happen for two reasons:

1. It's Halle Berry. She is arguably the hottest actress on the market today, fresh off her oscar, drop-dead gorgeous, and the success of D.A.D. Plus, she has already said she'd love to do it, which is half the battle for producers.

2. Movies have needed to put an American equivalent of James Bond on film. The success of XXX should push the studio to put out a film with Jinx so that Vin Diesel won't automatically become the "American Bond".

Summer of 2004, it will be here. I don't think Halle Berry needs, or deserves, to have her own spinoff. Personally I think her character was a weak spot in D.A.D.

It seemed like her part was added and fit in just so she could be in the film.

#3 B5Erik2

B5Erik2

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 412 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 08:08 AM

Originally posted by Nap
Movies have needed to put an American equivalent of James Bond on film.  

True Lies 2 coming soon.

#4 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 08:34 AM

I think she was too weak and don't really see her holding her own in a Jinx film...

#5 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 02:44 PM

I agree, I don't want, nor do I expect, a jinx film, remember wai lin? there was a rumor for some time that she would have her own spinoff, If anything I think jinx, like Wai Lin will have an apperance in a future bond film, if that