114 replies to this topic

#61 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:23 AM

She's also taking one of the lead roles in THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN, which will boost her fame even more.

#62 Toxteth_OGrady

Toxteth_OGrady

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:49 PM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1505246/margot-to-be-next-bond-girl-james-bonds-sexy-sidekick-tipped-to-be-suicide-squad-actress-margot-robbie/

#63 Surrie

Surrie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:56 PM

Interesting. Although, I'd prefer to see a lesser know actress in the role. 

#64 Surrie

Surrie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:55 PM

https://www.theguard...07-movie-rumors

#65 Eskyfall

Eskyfall

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 01:11 AM

Agreed. Margot Robbie is too big an actress as is Felicity Jones now (I think I saw someone suggest her a few posts back). Scarlett Johansson would have been a great Bond girl pre-MCU. I'd still like to see Yvonne Strahovski in a Bond film, but I think that ship sailed a long time ago. Her post-Chuck career hasn't really advanced her career. I think Cara Delevingne would make a fantastic Bond girl down the road. I think Camilla Luddington would be a great choice too.

#66 Surrie

Surrie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:13 AM

Not sure how I feel about Cara, although Camilla is a good choice. 

#67 clavinbot

clavinbot

Cadet

• Crew
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 12:28 PM

Cara Delevigne and Margot Robbie would both be good I think.

#68 Surrie

Surrie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:50 AM

Depending on the plot line - I'd like to see the return of an Eastern European actress play the main Bond girl. 

#69 dtuba

dtuba

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:38 PM

After seeing Sofia Boutella in both Kingsman  and Star Trek: Beyond , I'm convinced she would make a great Xenia- style hench-woman.

#70 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:02 AM

Agreed. Margot Robbie is too big an actress as is Felicity Jones now (I think I saw someone suggest her a few posts back). Scarlett Johansson would have been a great Bond girl pre-MCU. I'd still like to see Yvonne Strahovski in a Bond film, but I think that ship sailed a long time ago. Her post-Chuck career hasn't really advanced her career. I think Cara Delevingne would make a fantastic Bond girl down the road. I think Camilla Luddington would be a great choice too.

Unfortunately, I'd have to agree.  Strahovski would have been a great Bond girl, but that ship has long since sailed.  As you said, her post-Chuck career hasn't amounted to much, and her latest attempt to jump start her career, Manhattan Night, didn't really register at all, even with the publicity that a small handful of scenes in the film provided it.  If we're going to get a blonde Australian in a Bond film, it'll be Margot Robbie, not Strahovski.

As for future Bond girls, there have been some good suggestions in this thread.  I'd probably put Emilia Clarke and Alicia Vikander at the top of the list of those who have been mentioned.  Vikander especially would be fantastic, even if she's already sort of done a tour of the spy franchises (UNCLE and Bourne).

#71 MISALA1994

MISALA1994

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:03 PM

Felicity Jones and Sarah Gadon get's my vote.

Edited by MISALA1994, 10 November 2016 - 01:09 PM.

#72 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:55 PM

If Craig comes back - and it looks like it now - I would love Léa Sedoux to return as well.  She had not enough to do in SPECTRE and it would make sense to include her.

#73 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:20 PM

If Craig comes back - and it looks like it now - I would love Léa Sedoux to return as well.  She had not enough to do in SPECTRE and it would make sense to include her.

Is there some new bit of news I'm missing?

Dave

#74 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:18 PM

No, just the general observation that the hype around possible replacements for Craig has died down and that from all concerned parties, Eon, Craig, MGM and other studios the vibes indicate that BOND 25 is still a good way down the road, with nothing substantial yet to show up for it. From Craig's manner at the recent interview event one can discern that at least he's willing to take a look at it when the time comes.

Which can be still some months away for all we know.

#75 Surrie

Surrie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 08:54 AM

Would love to see Seydoux come back, I still affirm that she was the best part of SPECTRE. 

#76 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:22 AM

Felicity Jones?

Yes please

#77 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:23 PM

I'm not sold on her as an actress at this point. Really looking forward to Rogue One though, and hope to be won over by her there.

#78 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:54 PM

She is too young for my taste anyway - it would be more interesting to have someone like Bellucci or at least someone as old as the actor who plays Bond.

#79 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:58 PM

From the ROGUE ONE trailers and clips, Felicity Jones looks as charismatic as a block of wood.

#80 Surrie

Surrie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:18 PM

I wouldn't say 33 is too young. It's probably the lower age limit, but wouldn't cause any issues for me.

Also, I'm thinking at the moment Emily Blunt could be an interesting choice. She's also 33 actually...

#81 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:06 PM

I'd be very happy if Blunt got a role in BOND 25; she's versatile and just the right kind of character that isn't too much a household name by now. A face and a persona the public is not tired of already.

#82 MISALA1994

MISALA1994

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:01 PM

Blunt was superb in "Sicario"...

#83 JohnnyWalker

JohnnyWalker

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 272 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:17 PM

If Camilla Luddington looks old enough (I know how old she really is) and can get back to her English accent she could be great, especially since she'll never be Lara Croft in a film.

#84 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:35 PM

So long as she's the approximate age of the Bond actor (assuming she's a love interest). If it's Craig then please, someone who's  at least late 30s/early 40s.

However, one of the things that i thought helped SF work was the absence of a 'bond-girl'. Sure there's the notion of M being SF's Bond-girl, but obviously there was no romance.

Plenty of sex and violence is quite enough. We don't need him falling in love and questioning his job every other film, thanks. Just once per Bond actor is sufficient.  

By trying to crow bar in plausible love interest/emotional entanglement they write themselves into a corner; exemplified by the end of SP. Now they have to resolve that happy ending if Craig continues, which Eon seem to be keen on - though i think it's by design in this case; surely there was a reason for the OHMSS theme featuring in the SP trailer.

Too often having a primary bond-girl, rather than 'ships passing in the night', leads to lazy template screenwriting, where the lead Bond-girl becomes a side kick, tagging along and falling in love. They usually feature more when the actor starts showing his age and Eon imagine that a much younger love interest-side kick will make him appear virile. I think the opposite is true - just makes the actor look old and a little letchy.

Guess what i'm saying is sex=good, love=bad as far as Craig goes - his Bond has done the love story to death.

#85 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:08 AM

Blunt would be a fine, if somewhat uninspired choice at this point.  She's been mentioned enough on sites like this for it to be something of an anti-climax if she were to ultimately end up getting the gig.  Still, they could (and have) done far worse.

#86 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:31 AM

I didn't notice Blunt was mentioned so often, didn't occur to me. But then I don't pay too much attention to the dream-cast threads. The Golden Globes and BAFTA Award earned her a higher profile, of course. But I'd still argue she fits the bill of a quality actress with her own distinct air - what the Craig films did right so far.

#87 Surrie

Surrie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:07 PM

So long as she's the approximate age of the Bond actor (assuming she's a love interest). If it's Craig then please, someone who's  at least late 30s/early 40s.

However, one of the things that i thought helped SF work was the absence of a 'bond-girl'. Sure there's the notion of M being SF's Bond-girl, but obviously there was no romance.

Plenty of sex and violence is quite enough. We don't need him falling in love and questioning his job every other film, thanks. Just once per Bond actor is sufficient.  

By trying to crow bar in plausible love interest/emotional entanglement they write themselves into a corner; exemplified by the end of SP. Now they have to resolve that happy ending if Craig continues, which Eon seem to be keen on - though i think it's by design in this case; surely there was a reason for the OHMSS theme featuring in the SP trailer.

Too often having a primary bond-girl, rather than 'ships passing in the night', leads to lazy template screenwriting, where the lead Bond-girl becomes a side kick, tagging along and falling in love. They usually feature more when the actor starts showing his age and Eon imagine that a much younger love interest-side kick will make him appear virile. I think the opposite is true - just makes the actor look old and a little letchy.

Guess what i'm saying is sex=good, love=bad as far as Craig goes - his Bond has done the love story to death.

love interest/emotional entanglement they write themselves into a corner - I can see your point, but this isn't accurate of all Bond films. GoldenEye is a fine example of not writing themselves into a corner with Natalya and Bond. If anything, she added much to the film and it would have been very lacking if it wasn't for their relationship. 

However, saying that. In GoldenEye we almost knew that Bond and Natalya would enjoy the time they had together but it would go no further than that. The way CR was written has shaped Craig's whole era with regards to Vesper's impact and subsequent Bond girls. I think Eon wanted to put Vesper behind Bond in SP which is perhaps why Swann was written in as a more significant 'Bond girl'. 

I didn't notice Blunt was mentioned so often, didn't occur to me. But then I don't pay too much attention to the dream-cast threads. The Golden Globes and BAFTA Award earned her a higher profile, of course. But I'd still argue she fits the bill of a quality actress with her own distinct air - what the Craig films did right so far.

I have to agree with you on this Dustin. I haven't been privy to too much conversation surrounding Blunt as a contender. 

#88 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:18 PM

Well, there's always the chance a group of fans is discussing a possible candidate for a role, long before anybody in the mainstream takes notice. Craig for example was a surprising choice - and yet a small number of fans mentioned him early on. Possible that Blunt is/was discussed on other sites far more than here; in which case readers might then be more familiar with the idea of her in a Bond film.

#89 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:13 PM

This is such an example, I've seen that face before, only I couldn't put a name to it yet. Most of MR ROBOT was cast with actors in this category; you knew you knew them, you just couldn't say exactly from where or when.

Still have to watch 11.22.63...

I would give 11.22.63 a miss. It's one of those shows that tries too hard to spread an intriguing, yet thin idea across a series. After 2 eps the pace crashes to a halt as it tries to pad out what's really a feature idea. I haven't read the novel, so perhaps the show fails King's storytelling.

Franco is as strong a lead as ever and Gadon seems to have been cast as a suitably anaemic blonde to be the necessary damsel in distress for Franco, which is all rather obvious. But the show in general is a by-the-numbers affair.

11.22.63's plot is only really effected at the top and tail of the series. More than the middle 3rd of the series virtually gives up on plot and pace, becoming more concerned with soap opera lip service to social issues and like many shows of this ilk depends far too much upon set dressing authenticity to convince it's audience to keep watching.  It's one of those shows i stuck with til the end, but wish i hadn't.

It's no Mr Robot, which is probably the finest show on tv that hasn't got 'Thrones' and 'Game' in the title.

Gadot is a decent enough actress and deserves better than her cliche 11.22.63 love interest role, as she proves when the series finally gives her a scene to act in, rather than just react. Were she in a Bond movie, she'd need to be a fem fatale - a pro-active part (such as Stone's role in Basic Instinct) or at least a betrayer or the like.

Her look is far too cliche for the Dame in distress role - the weak women that needs looking after. I wish Hollywood would do away with that tired old stereotype altogether, but casting anaemic blondes in such roles is a step in the opposite direction.

#90 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:07 PM

I LOVED 11.22.63 - the book AND the mini-series.  

Just saying.